Does anyone want to be bump buddies? Due 5th Oct 2016

So so sick :( but I'm pretty sure it's a seasonal cold thing as dd has been poor for the past week and I think I've got it. DH thinks it's pregnancy because I've had a non-stop headache for 4 days now and HAVE to take tylenol to function and it barely helps. He thinks it's baby related from googling about how common headaches are in first tri, but I just wouldn't think that prego headaches are this awful! And besides that, I'm all congested with a cough, so I still think it's illness. Hoping it's better soon. Other than that, still mild nausea and slight loss of appetite, which is about the same as it has been for me.

Anyone else?

:hugs: Holly.

I am good, got scan today (last journal page) at regular prenatal checkup. Hypothyroidism got me a referral to a high risk OB, but just for extra monitoring. I'm still cleared to stay with midwife group. Thankfully, still no sickness.

My sickness seems to have improved a lot (apart from a 24 hour bug I had over the weekend!) which is great.... but also makes me worry something is wrong, lol. I know, stupid right. I will feel so much better once I have had a scan... which should be sometimes in the next few weeks!

wtbam, I remember with DD my ms subsided significantly when I hit 10 weeks and rather than near daily nausea, I'd only get it every few days. I was so freaked out, but obviously all was well. Can't wait for your scan!

My sickness seems to have improved a lot (apart from a 24 hour bug I had over the weekend!) which is great.... but also makes me worry something is wrong, lol. I know, stupid right. I will feel so much better once I have had a scan... which should be sometimes in the next few weeks!

I can't believe how long they make you wait in the UK! I just mentioned this to my husband when he was expressing his desire to get a second scan at our second appointment at 10w3d. I told him how lucky we were to get them as early and often as we have.

wtbam, I remember with DD my ms subsided significantly when I hit 10 weeks and rather than near daily nausea, I'd only get it every few days. I was so freaked out, but obviously all was well. Can't wait for your scan!

I have been freaked out by not having it. A lot freaked out!

That's whats happening to me too ladies! I had pretty bad nausea and today all of sudden its a lot better. I was freaked out, but after reading your posts I feel a lot better about it.

Tell me about it, it's hard to not pay for a private one sooner but we just can't afford the £200 with the wedding in 3 weeks!

Tell me about it, it's hard to not pay for a private one sooner but we just can't afford the £200 with the wedding in 3 weeks!

That is so expensive! It's only between $75 and $100 here where I live.

its R450 in South Africa ... Kiwi I was also worried as I started feeling better yesterday

I don't even think I'll have a scan before 20 weeks :cry: Unless my measurements are super off before then. I'm so very jealous of you ladies! And I don't have the option for private (the closest location is 2+ hours away, needless to mention the cost).

Wtbam, I can't believe it's only 3 weeks til the wedding!

£200.00 YIKES! I'm too cheap, I think. All of my preventative/ diagnostic tests are covered at 100% by my health insurance, thankfully. I get very anxious about spending large sums of money, so much so, I had Hubster pay for things so I didn't have to see the final cost! I hope if you really need it, that you can comfortably afford it!

£200.00 YIKES! I'm too cheap, I think. All of my preventative/ diagnostic tests are covered at 100% by my health insurance, thankfully. I get very anxious about spending large sums of money, so much so, I had Hubster pay for things so I didn't have to see the final cost! I hope if you really need it, that you can comfortably afford it!

I think she was referring to a private scan which is only for comfort/entertainment. If it was medical then the NHS covers it in the UK.

Yeah we get a 12 week and 20 week scan included on the NHS but hubby to me may not be able to get to the 12 week scan.

I knew it was in reference to a private scan, but in the US, the bar for "medical need" for early scans isn't high at all. And I think almost everyone goes in before that time over here and I'm pretty sure the difference in medical necessity isn't terribly different on their side of the pond versus ours.

It would be both hard for me to either wait that long or shell out the cash for a private scan. I'm just saying I'm sympathetic and it's a tough situation.

Yeah the only way I could get an early scan is if I was bleeding/cramping. I know women who have lied just to get one but I'm not willing to take up the space of a woman genuinely in need, plus it would be tempting fate!

That sucks :(. I did not know you had to wait that long. Do they ever do dating scans or do they make you wait till the 12 weeks? Things are done so differently over here in the US.

Feeling a bit low today :(

I found out yesterday I have Strep B, so will need antibiotics during labour, however if the labour is too quick (likely as last time it was) the baby will need IV antibiotics in the NICU. Then, on top of that, my childminder called to say one of the children is off sick with slapped cheek - so my 16 month old has been exposed. I googled (big mistake!) and scared myself about the risks to the baby...

I called the GP and unfortunately got the one I don't like (he is useless) and he just told me not to worry there is nothing that can be done. Thankfully I didn't listen and called the midwife direct this morning, who asked me to go in for a blood test later to check my immunity. Apparently it tests if a) I am immune already (fingers crossed please! In which case, there is no issue) and b) if I have been exposed recently. If I am not immune I think I will need a lot more scans to make sure the baby is OK.

Then, I did a stupid, stupid thing. I know it is stupid, I knew I shouldn't have. My friend offered me a doppler to use, and I promised I wouldn't use it before 16 weeks because I KNOW it's hard to find the heartbeat, but I did anyway.... and I couldn't find a heartbeat... and now I'm anxious about that too!

Sorry I'm just feeling anxious in general today and could do with some cyber hugs!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hope ur tests comes back as immune to it and that your little one is fine ...

Wtbam! You KNOW better than to play with a Doppler this early! Don't do that to yourself! BIG BIG HUGS though, because I have to imagine that's crazy stressful. Also remember that your uterus is almost entirely behind your pubic bone at this point! I would for sure just deal with the strep B and not worry at all, as they have a plan for that, as far as the slapped cheek... FX and try not to worry, as it could all be totally fine. More Big :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->