Does anyone work night shifts?

Babyfairy1984

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing 3 nights a week in a care home. I have an 17mth old son and have care for him 2 of the following days but 1 day i will only be able to nap when he does. Is it doable?

I work Friday and Saturday nighs - 12hr shifts. In all honesty is really wipes me out! I get up between 5.30 and 6.30am on a Friday morning with the girls' then don't sleep again until I get home on a Saturday, I usually manage 2/3hrs before the girls' wake me up if I'm lucky I get another couple of hours then I grab a shower, something to eat and back to work. When I get home on a Sunday I have a nap then its our family day. I work from 19.00-07.00. On a monday I'm still so tired. I couldn't do anonther night tbh dd2 is 17 months and I can't gurantee she will nap. Good luck x

Yeah I do. I work 3 nights a week doing a similar job than you. If my shifts are together I get some one to watch her bit if its my last one or I just have one shift I don't get any sleep before or after. It's hard work but I manage. Just

Got the job! It'll mean much more money for us a month so really happy. Wish me luck!

Yey good luck! I work nights sometimes, not all the time. I find the first and last I tend to just need a bit of extra sleep/ a nap. The middle one I would need a proper nights sleep during the day. You'll be fine it's not that bad at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->