Does anyone's DH not want anymore??

AC1987

Mom of 2 DD's
Reaction score
My Dh apparently has always been none and done. But failed to tell me until I was pregnant with our 2nd daughter.
I have always wanted 4 kids and have been vocal about that from when I was in my teens (I've known him since my late teens so he knew about this too!)
However, after having our two kids, he seems to just not want any more.
But I feel like I DO want more, it might not be this year, but I do want more. Only I can't even talk to him about it, he has never been comfortable talking about pregnancy, or babies etc. :dohh:

Well, you have made no secret about your wishes so I think you have the upper hand in this power struggle. If he's just talking and not taking steps to get a vasectomy or something, you'll probably get your 4. I think it's up to you to decide if you still want 2 more kids knowing that dh doesn't. Either way, one of you isn't going to be entirely happy, so I would go for it. This is just one of those compromises we all have to make in marriage.

I'm kind of in this position. DH had three kids with his ex-wife when he was younger and was done when he met me. I was single and he knew I wanted children. I have always wanted three. Of course when we were dating he was all gung-ho about kids and never gave me the slightest indication he was going to want to stop at one.

After we had our first dd, he put out "let's stop at one" vibes, but he knew I really wanted another.

Now we have a boy and a girl and is much more vocal that we need to be "done" even though it was never about the genders for me. But again, I think he knows how strongly I feel about this, and he hasn't taken any steps to prevent pregnancy.

We talk about it, but it's always the same conversation with dh focusing on how good our lives are now and how much better things will be if we stop and me focusing on how badly I want a third and how much I would regret not having the third.

He is taking NO steps to prevent a pregnancy and even wants to bd on my fertile days when I try to stop him, so I think I will be able to try for a third child as planned in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->