Does baby movments change as weeks go on?

laura_2010

Reaction score
Hi in 31 weeks and noticed last couple of days baby hasn't moved as much as he did. Now he is moving lots but not ad much hard movments and kicks would you think that's due to space?
I do lay down and make sure hrs moving and nugging around and can feel him pushing but just not as much? X

If the pattern of movements has changed you should always Call your midwife and go and be checked.

It most likely all is fine but it is so important to be checked when movements change x

Well I went to labour ward today due to no movements for several hours and told me to go in for monitoring and was there for 3 hours
And the midwife there said and reduced movements after a few hours hours should be checked and that’s what they are there for
We could hear strong heartbeat but they could get him moving so asked me to drink ice water and he soon woke up lol
But now I must have another scan due to not being the first time I been in labour ward for lack of movements first few times was just reduced movements
So worth ringing up I think just for peace if mind

Always good to check, especially if you are noticing reduced movements, but my OB and midwife both said that as space gets limited a lot of babies will do more stretching and rolling versus kicking. My baby has never been a hard kicker so I haven't noticed any change.

I just went last night as well for low movements. Of course she started kicking up eight away but glad I went in.

Movements do change, especially later. I would suggest if you are getting your kick counts after eating or drinking of 10 in 2 hours, no matter if it is a push, shift or kick you should be fine. If not, go in for checking

I went in last night too because of reduced movements, and then when she did move, they felt different. All was fine, but she said if it happens again, it's important I go in again, just because it was all ok this time doesn't mean it will be every time. They have said they'll call tomorrow with an appointment for a growth scan because I haven't grown since my 36 week check, so I'm now measuring 34 weeks at just over 38 weeks. They've said it's likely she's dropped lower in my pelvis, but they want to make sure she hasn't stopped growing

Thanks ladies glad all ok with you all.. I went and had monitoring as thought best way to know and same he went crazy kicking and all... so all ok but was told if I notice any more to go back and they will scan me but I do have monthly scans for growth anyways so next one is march 9th so not too long but will keep track x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->