Does Being Paranoid Make Me A Bad Person?

Frankly that sounds like a wise move. Although fair play to her for giving her old man what for. Who hits a pregnant woman??? It's sad for her kids though she sounds like she's got problems. You've got your own family to care for though and she doesn't sound like the sort of woman who would appreciate helpful advice.

Wow, you sound so much better off without those "friends" hun.

I don't really get advice, I just get people trying to tell me what to do or giving me the disapproving looks as thoug they really want to tell me what to do.

I worry when I get told what to do and get these looks that these people really think I'm failing and I hate feeling like I'm failing, but to then be made to feel by people who are meant to be friends, that I'm failing as a mum....wow...it's just intensely horrible.

I want to make friends, I really do but I just seem to push people away. I don't want people thinking I'm high maintenance because I'm really not, I just seem to make a tit of myself.

you sound like you need self confidence for a start. I also have none but replaced that with stand offish behaviour where I to will push people away.To the point its my own fault I have no nice friends because I am scarfed of having friends again for what happening after.I do not trust a lot of people and I dont need agro which seems to come with friendships. I am happy to chat to some neighbours here but I draw the line there. If I get invited somewhere I say no. simply because thast getting into things. I would tall to men more I seem to get along with men more as they dont get into things, what you see is what you get there. And online is ok as I dont have to answer questions I dont want to. I am friendly not nasty just defensive from many bad friendships where poeple have also stolen off me and bitched behind my back. Suppose I shouldnt tar everyone with same brush but I am tired of it all and cant be arsed. And now i do feel like such a sado.

My hv can sence this as she asks where I go and what i do and its alwats on my own with kids around here and she wants home start or something to come and see me, she went ahead and put it through and the woman called me and all and i turned her down i felt so embarrassed and angry she done that. I was pregnant at time with Alex and had enough on my plate without having people who are paid or their job to come and talk to me. Made me feel like a bigger sado. She still goes on about getting them down to me for company. I dont want to more than likely row with someone who dosnt agree with my parenting skills, I havnt met one person here not even in my own family that agree with what I do. my mum cant even understand me and cant get why i feed on demand and thinks i should do it by clocks and breastfeed in toilets. Do i need someone else like that,. nope.

I've always been stand offish. People assume I'm a snob but I'm just shy. I'm quite noisy so people don't realise. I do tend to freak people out by waiting to suss them out so I don't talk to them for a few days (new person at work for example) then when I've decided they're alright chat to them like I've known them forever lol.

I got over all of this before I was pregnant but since I've been pregnant and on mat leave I've been out of the loop so long and can't do the things I once did I feel like I have to start all over again. I'm dreading going back to work despite having nearly worked there 8 years it'll be like I'm the new girl again. It was the only place I had any social interaction. Now I have nothing in common with them any more.

I've always been stand offish. People assume I'm a snob but I'm just shy. I'm quite noisy so people don't realise. I do tend to freak people out by waiting to suss them out so I don't talk to them for a few days (new person at work for example) then when I've decided they're alright chat to them like I've known them forever lol.

I got over all of this before I was pregnant but since I've been pregnant and on mat leave I've been out of the loop so long and can't do the things I once did I feel like I have to start all over again. I'm dreading going back to work despite having nearly worked there 8 years it'll be like I'm the new girl again. It was the only place I had any social interaction. Now I have nothing in common with them any more.

haha I do the same. I am sure poeple think I am quiet when I first meet them as I am sussing them out and watching them. I can read a lot about poeple just from doing that. course I chat but its small and takes me a while to come out, if i like them then they will want me to shut up :haha:

Maybe we should change this to a confidence building thread. Get something positive from paranoia??

Where do we start though lol

Maybe we should change this to a confidence building thread. Get something positive from paranoia??

Where do we start though lol

Have no idea but I'm sitting here trying to think of a slogan to use lol xxx

I done googled lol

self-confidence n. a feeling of trust in one's abilities, qualities, and judgement.

Well looks like it's not our self confidence that's the problem. It's our confidence in other people having confidence in our self confidence that is.

I think we should adopt the end credit song off third and bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etf7FBvdw3Y

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"