Does Campbell work for a first name?

catty

Reaction score
I really like the name Campbell for a boy, do you think this works for a first name?

The middle name will be Robert.

Our son is Lucas James, i dont mind if they match at all but would be nice to slightly go together

I think it's quite nice, i like the nn Cam :)

Campbell Robert is a gorgeous name- my Grandad's name is Campbell and my Dad's name is Robert so I'd definitely consider this for my bub if it was just my baby to name!

The thing I like about Campbell is that it works for all ages and has never been popular enough to become dated.

Forgot to add that I think it goes really well with Lucas James.

I really love your taste in boy names!

Absolutely!! I actually knew a girl named Campbell (nn could be Bella)

Campbell & Lucas is ADORABLE!!

Forgot to add that I think it goes really well with Lucas James.

I really love your taste in boy names!

Thank you! Iv only ever heard it as a surname but I really like it!
We dont actually know if the baby is a boy or girl.... I find girl names so much harder

I like it :) I know a set of twins named Campbell and Glen, nice Scottish names!

I like it :) I know a set of twins named Campbell and Glen, nice Scottish names!

We are scottish :) iv just not really heard it as a first name. No doubt il change my mind 1000 times before baby is born haha

I knew a girl named Campbell but yeah, I love it for a first name!

i instantly thought of this .. https://www.campbellsoup.com/

I never even thought of the soup haha. At least its not too bad a thought compared to some things.
I like it but dont like cammy.
Same when I had lucas though, I like lucas but not luke

I have to admit, the soup was my first thought too, but it is a nice name, so if that doesn't bother you, go for it!

I like it. I've only ever heard it as a last name though.. Oh, and the soup too. :)

I was listening to the radio yesterday and thought of this thread as they were speaking to the Premier of Queensland, Campbell Newman.

Also wanted to add that my grandad named Campbell is from Yorkshire- it's not a super common name in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->