Does Freddie sound like a real name?

catty

Reaction score
We are team yellow and due in just over 2 weeks.
We have chosen Violet Jessica for a girl but can't think of ANY boy names at all.
We finally decided that we both like the name Freddie but that would be his actual name not Frederick or any longer version.

Do you think this sounds too much like a nickname?
It would be either
Freddie Hunter
Or
Freddie Robert

Thank :)

I think there are a lot of Freddie's around now, I think it's a 'proper' name :)

It could probably work as a proper name, seeing as nowadays there are lots of different trends going on and I think a lot more people are using "nicknames" as proper names.
I also love the name Freddie but would name him Frederick because I do like that also.

A name like Toby though I love Toby but not Tobias, and I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that ;)

I like Freddie Hunter better than Freddie Robert :thumbup:

I am a teacher, and I had a Freddie in class this year, who happened to be 3rd generation Freddie. So I'd say in at least some places, its been proper for a while. : )

I say go for it! (My Freddie is a great kid, by the way--DH and I are both teachers, and it is crazy how many names are weeded out by kids being stinkers lol.)

Freddie is a lovely name!!

Lots of people use the shorter (and nice) versions as full names now. I know lots of Charlie's (not Charles) and Zeke's (not Ezekiel) etc etc!

Freddie is lovely. Go with it!

I think it's fine but I personally would put Alfred on the birth certificate x

We have a Freddie! He's 5 months old. I struggled with the same thing when I was pregnant lol. Tbh if it was just me I probably would have put Freddie on the birth certificate. However OH felt really strongly that he loved the name but he wanted a full version of the name on the birth certificate. So my son is Frederick. It took me a while to decide that I loved Freddie enough to go along with a full birth certificate version (lots of posts in this forum lol) but now I'm so glad we stuck with it as I love the name xxxx

Good luck deciding!

I have never been able to associate Freddie with anything other than Freddie Got Fingered since the movie came out, but of the two, Freddie Hunter sounds better

I have never been able to associate Freddie with anything other than Freddie Got Fingered since the movie came out, but of the two, Freddie Hunter sounds better

I always think of Anne Boleyn (one of Henry VIII wives) when I read your daughters name! Is that just a coincidence or is she named after that name?

I always think of Anne Boleyn (one of Henry VIII wives) when I read your daughters name! Is that just a coincidence or is she named after that name?

She's actually named after the band, Anberlin. Their last album will be released this month, and then they're going on their final tour. I'm so sad about that, because I've been a fan for 10 years and was hoping that one day, when she's older, I could take her to one of their shows and she could see who she is named after. I've been to every show they've had around here since 2006, with the exception of one because I had a baby a few days before, lol. But I've met them and hung out with the band, gotten pictures with them, they've signed a shirt addressed "To Anberlin" for her, which is in storage. They're such an amazing group of guys. I'm going to miss not seeing them again.

I considered giving her up for adoption because of marital struggles (and she isn't biologically his) and my husband not wanting another child, but the first time I felt her kick, I was listening to one of their songs called "You Belong Here", which has a line that says "You Were Meant To Be With Me", and it was then that I knew I couldn't give her up. She was mine, and if my husband wanted me back and wanted to be a family again, then she was coming too. Turned out, he had given it some thought and wanted to be her dad too. He wanted her to call him Daddy, for her to have his last name, so we named her Anberlin. We're not together anymore, and she's 3 now, and he's still in love with her, and she's a total Daddy's Girl.

And, of course, they're near me 4 days before my due date so I'll probably be missing them again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV0jcXtESZc&feature=kp

Ahh that's lovely! I'm sure she'll love telling people that story when she's older x

Thanks! This has made me feel much better about it, I always think when he's an old man he can always be Fred if he wants.
I love the name more and more everyday now :)

My friend has a boy called Freddie, it's a lovely name :) and definitely a proper name in my opinion

we are planning to name our baby Freddie, though will be Frederick on birth certificate. He will be named after my granddad. Its quite popular now so definitely proper name

I wouldn't use a shortened name (even though I guess I have one - Katie rather than Katherine), but lots of people do it these days so I think it's being seen more as a 'proper' name.

Yes it is and I looooooooove Freddie Hunter x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->