Does it count?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by blondey, Jun 3, 2011.

1. blondey

blondey Well-Known Member

Evening all,

So tummy time has become, shall we say, difficult...

LO loved it as a newborn, but now it usually goes a minute or 3 of her lifting her head then she just gets angry and literally growls and then cries.

So tonight I have rolled up a towel and put it under the top of her chest. Just to raise her head and upper body up a bit. She is keeping her head up and has lasted about 7 or 8 minutes, which is a massive improvement.

So does this count as tummy time? Will it give all the benefits normal tummy time does?

:flower:

2. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

Of course! They actually recommend this for babies that dont like it :) I would every once in awhile like every week remove the towel and see how she does

3. pink_rulez

pink_rulez Mummy to Sophie & bump

Yes I think it dose, my lo hated tummy time even with a prop but loves it now she is a little more mobile I just used to do it a couple of times a week but she always screamed until I turned her back x

4. moomin momma

moomin momma Well-Known Member

Yes it counts! I'm sure I've heard that you can buy tummy time supports (or possibly playmats with them built in).