Does it ever get better

Huge :hugs: my first thought is is she hungry? I don't know how you can make enough milk and be the size you are/ going hungry yourself.

The human body is an amazing thing. Some women experience reduced milk production if they cut down on eating but throughout history our nutrition was a lot less guaranteed than it is now, and our meals smaller and our bodies and babies have evolved to cope with that. Even now, women in severe drought condition can still produce milk, exactly as na utritious as any affluent mother's milk, for their babies.

It isn't healthy for mum though so I'd still encourage eating and drinking and looking after yourself. Stress plays a big factor though as it inhibits letdown. You can't tell yourself not to stress, it just makes it worse, so you have to find was to block the stress hormones by trying to increase oxytocin. Anything that makes you feel good like a walk, a bath, eating cake, getting a pedicure etc can all boost your oxytocin.

:hugs: I felt this way with my third-born. She was such a difficult baby. I am married, but only I could hold her, or she would scream. I would let her scream once a week so I could shower. I didn't leave the house. All she did was nurse or cry. She, too, had silent reflux. Around her first birthday, she got so much better. She started wanting to explore the house and practice walking (she was a late walker compared to my other kids, at 13 months). It still took her another year to sleep through the night, but at that point, she would cosleep beside me from the middle of the night on. I eventually got her in her bed full time. She's 2 and 7 months now, and it is hard for me to remember the struggle. I remember spending lots of time crying and telling my OH to just please take her away for a day so I could get some sleep or spend time with my other kids. Yes, I ate a ton of microwave meals, and my other kids lived off of sandwiches, eggs, fruit and frozen chicken nuggets for a while.

Anyway, I just want to say what a gift she is to my life now. She's amazing! Funny, sweet, very helpful and always trying to make me happy. A complete 180 of the little terror baby she once was.

You'll get through this stage, and your child will be amazing and will take care of you soon enough. Please remember to fill your cup first. Take care of yourself first. If your baby needs to scream for ten minutes while you eat an actual meal, then baby has to scream. Get some ear plugs if you have to. Just put baby somewhere safe and nourish yourself. Again, put baby somewhere safe and get a shower. Watch a funny movie. Take a nap. Your baby will not get hurt by crying, but you are killing yourself trying to keep your baby happy when that clearly isn't going to happen right now, so give yourself a chance to get your needs met for a while. Your baby will require a lot less attention from you very soon. This is the hardest part, and you're almost through it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->