Does laying there or holding your butt up after sex REALLY help you conceive?

babyandmex3

Reaction score
This is a question I keep pondering.
I keep hearing that you are more likely to conceive when your hubby is on top, and if you don't let any "leak out." i keep hearing that women hold there butt/legs up for 20-30 minutes after and that helps them fall preggers. But, is that just a myth? I usually get up right after sex and stuff leaks out (TMI) and I don't like to just lay there. Am I messing up my chances?!

I don't no how true it is but wanna get pregnant so bad i do anything i read to enhance my chances :) x

Yes, I totally understand! I've had two miscarriages, with my second pregnancy I held my butt up after for 20 minutes...so I don't know if it has any truth or not! Hmmm, hope someone can come along and shed some light on this.

Apparently if it's going to get there it will. I try not to get up straight away but I too am doing everything to try and help.

There's no harm in it I suppose.

Xx

Yes, I've read on a few sites that sperm gets there on it's own and semen is what is leaking out...not sperm? I don't know if that's true or not, but I suppose there is no harm in laying there. I read someone that you should hold your legs up to your chest, that's what I'm going to do I guess. Its just so annoying to do it for 20 minutes! LOL.

Found this other thread Hun.

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/491496-legs-air-2.html

Xx

when i got preg with my 2 i never did just stay there i got up right away and went to the loo. when we were ttc my lo outher months i lay there but the month i got got my bfp i didnt

I've heard that it actually can do harm. I heard that there is only so much room up there, so forcing something to "stay in" can cause a UTI. I actually read this today on BnB, I will need to find out more info and post a link.

I did this the first month trying for #1, put a pillow under my bum and knees up for bout 20 mins, after when i got up stuff still came out just not as much as normal, i think it helped us get preg first time trying. My midwife at the time asked how long we had been trying, i said first month and she also thought that prob had a good part in it happening so soon, i suppose it helps the sperm along and doesn't tire them out as much having to swim across rather than uphill. gravity and all that..

:dust: to everyone xxx

i read this as sex up the butt and was really worried! :blush::haha:

Food for thought!

Ejaculate travels 15 miles through the testicules before leaving the penis all this happens in under 2seconds!!!!!

I have 5 children and every time I've got up and had a shower straight away and still fallen preggas : ) so I don't know maybe it does help maybe I'm just extremely fertile who knows lol but last night I kept my butt on a pillow for half hour, just to up my chance.

Food for thought!

Ejaculate travels 15 miles through the testicules before leaving the penis all this happens in under 2seconds!!!!!

wow they are some fast little creatures!!

i always put 2 cushions under my bum and sleep like that til morning! only on the days close to ovulation tho. nothing comes out until i stand up in the morning.....i like to think it helps but it probably doesnt!!! if they were gonna get there they would get there!!

I don't know how true it is but i am also doing it just to improve my chances.

I so hope it works but it do make sense to do it.

oh my... you ladies would crack up if you saw my new move after :sex: .... anything to improve the chance myth or not right?? Well, ever since we started ttc I lay there with my butt on a pillow for as long as I can. Might even watch a whole show while waiting. No, i dont enjoy this but i do it. So as of friday I started REALLY trying to elevate my arse. I do a little body scooch over the side of the bed so my arse and legs are up the side of the bed and my feet almost hang over my head. I crack up while doing htis though

oh my... you ladies would crack up if you saw my new move after :sex: .... anything to improve the chance myth or not right?? Well, ever since we started ttc I lay there with my butt on a pillow for as long as I can. Might even watch a whole show while waiting. No, i dont enjoy this but i do it. So as of friday I started REALLY trying to elevate my arse. I do a little body scooch over the side of the bed so my arse and legs are up the side of the bed and my feet almost hang over my head. I crack up while doing htis though

You should have seen me with my legs up in the air peddling like I was riding a bike upside down then :) the things we do.

I have been doing this and it doesn't seem to be working, so this month I am not going to put my legs up. I will lie down afterwords though and I will not pee right after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->