Does LOs personality and development affect their sleep pattern?

Lety

Reaction score
My daughter has never been a good sleeper (longest unbroken stretch she has ever done is 3 and half hours) and I'm wondering if it has something to do with her personality. From the day we brought her home she has been very alert and in recent months seems to be developing new skills daily. Since 4 1/2 months up to now she has learnt to sit, roll over back to front both sides, shuffle round in circles on her tummy, shuffle backwards and just today she is pulling herself forwards -not quite crawling but she does move forward. I'm finding that each time she learns something her sleep is horrendous!!

Sorry for going on I just wanted to know if there is some sort of correlation between sleep and development/personality so I can at least put her poor sleep down to something!!

Thanks

my LO has always been super alert, highly interested in her surroundings and is flying through the milestones! not surprised, her daddys IQ is through the roof and he was the same as a baby! she also is very strong and is early with all the physical milestones too.
She was a terrible sleeper for the first few months, we put it down to her just being a bit of a live wire! her sleep gradually increased due to how active she was, I think the more active she gets the more sleep she requires as shes not a stationary, placid child. shes a wriggler!
she now SSTN but then she rarely just sits during the day so the hours she is awake she is rolling around the floor, pushing herself furiously around the kitchen in her walker and trying to crawl, I think she tires herself out. Plus weaning really helped!

My LO has always been an excellent sleeper. She's also very bright, alert and ahead or bang on most average milestones. I think she learns and develops throughout te day and processes in her sleep all the stuff she's learnt through the day

My babys really alert, so many people comment in it and have done from an early age. The hv couldn't believe his interest in our conversation!!
Saying this, in contrary to what tge above have said my LO has a huge problem in switching off, Hes an awful sleeper ,he hates going to sleep even if he's really tired. Still wants to be up and jigging around even when he's tired.

My babys really alert, so many people comment in it and have done from an early age. The hv couldn't believe his interest in our conversation!!
Saying this, in contrary to what tge above have said my LO has a huge problem in switching off, Hes an awful sleeper ,he hates going to sleep even if he's really tired. Still wants to be up and jigging around even when he's tired.

I think this is what Sienna's problem is - she just can't switch off, it's like she doesn't want to and fights sleep until the bitter end! I just cling onto the fact that someday she will be a better sleeper

My daughter was very advanced from a young age. When she would go through development spurts she would start waking every few hours a night. It seemed like she was learning something new every day. I asked my doctor about it and she said when they learn things co close together or quickly their brain can't turn off as it's either excited or still trying to learn more and they are more likely to sleep poorly.

I think this is what Sienna's problem is - she just can't switch off, it's like she doesn't want to and fights sleep until the bitter end! I just cling onto the fact that someday she will be a better sleeper

It's so draining when your already exhausted anyway through lack of sleep!!
With naps in the day it takes probably 20 mins of screaming before he goes to sleep. He's out like a light if he's in the car, walking around shopping in his pram you've got no chance.. He's literally looking at people as if he's saying please talk to me!! I pray for a day I can just gently rock him to sleep in a mother/son bonding way instead of him ripping my hair out, deafening me with his scream and gouging the skin off my face. I live in hope!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->