Does lucozade sports cherry contain caffiene

Lilpreciouse

pregnant 2 trimester
Reaction score
Ive had a bottle or two today since it helped with my nausea but the thought cross my mind.

ive only drank them when eating so i woudn feel like i was going to bring it back up and todays the only time im actually gonna drink it.

i rarely drink coffee but finally got some decaff today and i dont drink tea, i watching my intake to make sure this lil bean is healthy :) plus i just worrier anyway

I know the original flavour has a small amount in. I assume the cherry one is the same.

I used to think lucozade was very high in caffeine but it's less than tea, coffee and coke. I was surprised that coke was less than tea and coffee too.

You can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day which is about 2 cups of coffee, or about 2.5/3 cups of tea, or a couple of bottles of coke. I try to keep to one drink but allow myself 2 sometimes.

O/P Just wanted to let you know that there's loads (I mean tons) of sugar In Lucozade! Last year In my 1st trimester I had a craving of Lucozade & thats all I drank day In day out until I was diagnosed with GD :-( I honestly didnt realise that there was loads of sugar In It & It could of contributed to me having GD according to the Diabetes clinic.... May I add that there Isnt Diabetes In our family either so It could not of been that... Please be advised that I am not trying to scare you or telling you what to drink but I am only passing on Information I wished I had before drinking the stuff.... Like you Im on decaff everything now & I only drink flavoured water which has literally no sugar In & hoping GD stays away this time :)) x

The amount of sugar you consume does not have an effect on whether or not you will get GD. It is about how your body reacts under the pressure of pregnancy in terms of processing the sugar. If your body can cope fine then even consuming high amounts of sugar will not 'make' you have GD.

I have GD but have a healthy bmi and no family history of diabetes either...sometimes it is just one of those things.

Saying that, its never good to consume too much sugar but the odd bottle wont hurt!

Just so you dont start to worry about GD :) xxx

I have to agree with Sharkey, my midwife told me not to drink lucozade as it can be a cause for GD :nope: obviously not a main cause but can contribute to getting it. I really really wanted it so I drank it in moderation and don't have a lot atall. I would just watch how much you drink :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->