Does Maya Sound Like Mia??

(Quite some time ago) I used to pronounce Maya, May-ah, then someone said it was pronounced "My-ah" which I wasn't too sure about... I think May-ah sounds much nicer than My-ah. I also think Mia is pronounced "Me-ah"...so completely different. :shrug:

People pronounce my name wrong a lot too, it's Charly, as in 'Sharlee'....as in 'Sharlotte'! Not Ch-ar-lotte! (My name is spelt Charlotte, but it's not prounced Ch-arlotte!) People get it when I explain it like that.Though it makes more sense when said rather than typed! :rofl:

xxx

doh!

I've been saying it my-ah

I am dosy... sorry

I've been saying it like that too :dohh:
Thats the prounanciation over here...will say it right though,it'll be one of my New Years resolutions ;)

I always thought was May-a. :)
Everyone pronounces my daughters name wrong too. I say Heh- Lay- Na. I thought people would say Helen - ah, but what they say is Hel - Lena. Im always like LANE AH not LEAN AH. and they still say it wrong. Oh well.

Wow I really can't believe the confusion with Mayas name. Alot of people say you have been saying My-ah but I thought that was spelt Mya & May-a is Maya

Lol

I don't think it sounds anything like Mia, but I like both names

*gets the message* I think you need to change your sig to May-a then i might say it right

I was actually going to send you a PM Kelly as me and OH had a full blown argument about how you pronounce it- I was right!!

On the subject of names, BIL and FIL insist on spellng Chloe cloe. I tell them every time and every time I get 'oh, theres a H in it?'

well, yeah, just like there was last time you got it wrong.

I was actually going to send you a PM Kelly as me and OH had a full blown argument about how you pronounce it- I was right!!

On the subject of names, BIL and FIL insist on spellng Chloe cloe. I tell them every time and every time I get 'oh, theres a H in it?'

Cloe?!

Since when has the name Chloe ever been spelled that way!? That's just odd :dohh:

Cloe?!

Since when has the name Chloe ever been spelled that way!? That's just odd :dohh:

Precisely! MIL defends them and says its because they know someone called Cleo. Thats lovely....... now what about Chloe!! Jeez if #2 is a boy its name is going to be Leo, imagine the confussion..........Loe........Perhaps we'll get the 'H' in that one 'Lheo'!

You tell your OH to get on here & i'll put him straight :rofl:

Still saying My-ah... slap me someone

Me too!! :rofl: Every time I read this thread (and most of the time I'm not at my laptop...what's wrong with me?!) And I blame you for my dream about it last night too Amy :laugh2: x

Cloe?!

Precisely! MIL defends them and says its because they know someone called Cleo. Thats lovely....... now what about Chloe!! Jeez if #2 is a boy its name is going to be Leo, imagine the confussion..........Loe........Perhaps we'll get the 'H' in that one 'Lheo'!

Cloe?! That just says Clo to me...what does knowing someone called Cleo have to do with it?! :rofl: x

Still saying My-ah... slap me someone

Me too!! :rofl: Every time I read this thread (and most of the time I'm not at my laptop...what's wrong with me?!) And I blame you for my dream about it last night too Amy :laugh2: x

I will not be held responsible for your bizarre affair with light bulbs and heroes!

:rofl::rofl: You are totally responsible! I'll think about letting you off on the light bulb part x

How weird is she though... i mean... eugh

BRING ON TOMORROW'S episode.. i hate waiting

How weird is she though... i mean... eugh

BRING ON TOMORROW'S episode.. i hate waiting

Me too! And she's not as weird as Mohinder... he just gets stranger every time I see him! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->