Does morning sickness ever end???

Monix

Reaction score
I'm visiting from the first trimester forum, just looking for some hope that this morning sickness (all day sickness) might actually end.

I didn't have it at all with my first pregnancy so this is all new to me.

Did anyone actually start feeling better?? When?

Thanks!

Hi Hun,

I really do feel your pain! In my first trimester I had hyperemesis, there were times where I couldn't even keep a sip of water down, let alone eat. I spent weeks in bed and even ended up in hospital twice because I became so dehydrated and had to be put onto a drip.

I have no idea why they call it morning sickness and feel they should rename it. Because for me it was 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

However....I want to encourage you that its not forever! Mine started to settle down at 13 weeks, I am currently 22 weeks and still have the odd day here and there where I feel sick but its so much better than it was!

Hang on in there and try to just focus on that beautiful baby you have growing inside you. xx

It does end! I also had a pretty bad for a couple of weeks and couldn't keep much down and ended up getting fluids. I got so fed up with people telling me it would end soon as I felt so bad I couldn't see how this would just magically stop one day. But around 11 weeks it slowly got better and by 12 weeks I had my first meal I enjoyed since I got pregnant and topped it off with dessert! This felt like a miracle day.

I am now 15 and a bit weeks and still have occasional bad days. I had three bad days randomly last week but have noticed it seems to really be triggered by stress now (I had a presentation) rather than this never ending morning, noon and night sickness I had in the first trimester.

It's does I promise it will get better. I ended up getting anti sickness tablets from from the doctors I just felt so bad. I had it all day and night from week 6 and thought this is never going to end. I litrally hit week 14/15 and it just went. Now I feel amazing! Not sure if it's because I just felt that bad and i was relieved to feel better or I'm experiencing so weird second wind. Just take each hour as it comes and go to the doctor's if it gets too much, don't suffer in silence x

It varies by pregnancy for me. My morning sickness ended at 11w with my first pregnancy. I just woke up one morning feeling fine. With my second, I never had any morning sickness. With my third, I had it until 17 weeks. With my third, it went away at around 14 weeks. With this one, I had a break from 26-30 weeks, and then it came back, and I still have it most days. I hope yours goes away sooner rather than later, but it really, really depends.

Hey, I defiantly feel your pain! I had sickness pretty much every day up until I got to 16 weeks, it then eased off loads and then stopped fully around 21weeks. Unfortunately last week (31 weeks) it came back :( touch wood it's not as bad as first tri but it's annoying. I work in a shop and the other day I had to run out the back to the toilet and throw up because it just came over me! Last few days I haven't had any but I can deal with it if it's just every now and then! X

It does get better usually between 12-16 weeks but it hopefully will reduce around 10-12 weeks judging by ny experience. I have felt absolutely exhausted this pregnancy. Literally struggled to clean up or even get dressed. I feel alot better sickness wise though. I feel abit icky if i dont eat regular but the worst sicky feeling was over by 10 weeks. Im still waiting to feel energetic again though x

It does end. Mine lasted until 16-18 weeks with my last three pregnancies but I also have HG (the severe form of MS) and I had to be on anti-nausea meds in order to be able to function. The majority of women find relief between 10-12 weeks I think, with it usually being completely gone by 14 weeks.

It just depends on the pregnancy. With my boys I had it horrible bad then it went away at 15 weeks. With this one I am still taking zofran to fight it. I had a 2 week take but I am accepting that it just may not go away this time. If it's bad I'd recommend talking to your Dr. if you can take something, zofran has been a life saver for me as I can function and work.

Wow thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I was away for a few days and just read all the lovely replies... I'm feeling hopeful now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->