Does my scan look like something is wrong?

Rainbow82

Reaction score
We have been ttc for two years and had a number of losses. We finally made it to a twelve week scan yesterday and saw a baby measuring spot on with a heartbeat (not sure what heart rate was as they don't measure it). Scan report doesn't say much except no masses seen on ovaries and no free fluid but I can't help obsessing over the picture we got an wondering if something is wrong. There seems to be a dark ring around the sac and a shadow at one side, the way photo is taken I can't see all the way round the sac. I also can't see where placenta is :cry:

Am I just being paranoid and silly or does it look like something is wrong? The woman who scanned us didn't say anything except the NT measurement was good and booked us in for 20week scan.

I think I've attached a pic of the scan, can anyone give some honest opinions whether I'm being silly or have something to worry about. Thanks.

Eta pic has rotated 90degrees anticlockwise but not sure how to rotate it, sorry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 80
If the person who did the scan didn't say anything, and your doctor didn't say anything then you would be fine. They would be the best people to ask! Can you just call your dr and ask him/her to go over the results?

I'm wondering about ringing the midwife but not sure how seriously she would take it, we don't really have any dr involved in the pregnancy here to ask, am kicking myself fir not asking at the scan but I don't think I noticed till afterwards.

That shadow looks like your bladder :) I wouldn't worry if the NT looked fine and doc didn't say anything.

Thanks, I'll try not to worry. And maybe book a private scan for a couple weeks time. Hopefully it's just not a great picture.

if they didnt say anything was wrong, then nothing is. my ultrasound lady told us our new due date, the baby's measurement, and showed us where the head and body was (obvious anyway). she mentioned that baby is measuring two days ahead which is very normal. thats all she said then let us have two pictures that didnt look the same at all. but im sure i saw baby's mouth opening in the picture!

Thanks, hopefully I'm just worrying for nothing, it seems like such a miracle to have got this far. A heavy google search if twelve week scans showed done similar too which made me feel better after trawling through the sites they were in showed they all became healthy little babies. I need to learn to calm down!

If there was something wrong the techs and docs would definitely have said something. I know how horrid it is being pregnant after losses but there's no reason for this baby not to make it home. This is a rainbow xxx

They would have told you if something was wrong.

Thanks ladies I am trying to be more positive after reading your replies, you are all right the tech would have said if something didn't look right instead all she said was that bladder was really full lol.

Pretty sure that shadow is your bladder in that case lol! You can see my bladder in my scan but not as full as that

Your in the UK and by law if they found anything wrong they would have got someone else in the room and told you there and then, so if they never said anything you all good :) x

There is absolutely nothing wrong! I understand your fear, but like the other ladies have said, if they see anything wrong they will tell you right then and there, and probably schedule you for a more in-depth ultrasound.

For example -- in my second pregnancy, I paid for a private 'fun' gender ultrasound at 16 weeks. During the ultrasound, the woman saw a placental lake. She told me what she had seen, informed my doctor, and I was sent in for an in-depth ultrasound. So yeah, if they see anything wrong they immediately take action. Try and relax, your ultrasound looks lovely.:hugs:

Thank you ladies, guess I just needed some reassurance that it might actually work out this time. Time to relax and try to enjoy it.

thats def your bladder hun scan looks fine to me they would have said if anything was wrong 12 week scans arent always crystal clear either so dont worry just wait at 20 weeks it will all be alot clearer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->