Does OPK works as early Pregnancy detector as well? update YES :D

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So what i think is that after your ovulation test line should vanish after 2 or 3 days.
Just Saw somewhere that if you are pregnant then your OPK will be postive.

After that i checked mine and at 5DPO i still got a Test line which is not as strong as control line but yes its kinda semi strong. Just a bit faint then Control Line.

Any Idea on same??

I was always told that today's sensitive pregnancy tests are more sensitive and would detect pregnancy before any ovulation test. Right now I had the hcg trigger shot and when I take a test of pregnancy, although im not pregnant shows a nice positive. Peeing on a ovulation didnt show positive for me yet. So going to say, it backs up what I been told by my doctor. Cool to play with though.

From experience yea I got solid positive OPK then faint pos HPT which over days got darker 😊

Things are getting more strange now.
I think i'm 6dpo now, yesterday got a semi strong test line in OPK and today morning at 7 am i got some ewcm, and now i'm having some creamy white CM which is dry i think. (8:30 am)
So just to sum up my symptoms :
16 -- 4dpo Gassy, Backache, smell in pi,cramping.
17 -- backache, mild cramps,sharp pain in right ovary, could feel some twinge in lower abdomen when tried to pull my belly in :p and got semi strong OPK line too.

Totally Confused :wacko:

Not trying to be negative nelly, but you wouldnt feel pregnancy symptoms yet as the egg has not implanted. It Is very possible to get a positive opk at 4dpo. Good luck though.

So, when I posted this question last month, I actually messed up with my cycle.
so I'm here to answer the question asked by me.
yes opk can also detect hcg. 16dpo today and got my bfp at 11dpo.
like most of the ladies here I'm also a poas addict:haha:
when I dipped my opk in sample I got super duper positive. Test line far more darker then control line.
but hpt will worker earlier then opk obviously :thumbup:

4 weeks after one of my MC I poas to make sure my pregnancy test was negative and my hormones were going down. Boy was I surprised when 2 lines showed up right away! The test line wasn't as dark as the control line on the hpt but it was there without the need to squint. The next day I didn't have any more hpts so, thinking it was maybe a faulty test, I tried an opk since I had many of those left. To my surprise, it was also positive with the test line as dark as the control. Freaking out, I called my midwife and had blood drawn. When I got the results back I found out my hcg level was 50. I had to have a D&C as I had retained some tissue but yes, it is possible to get a positive opk when you're pregnant as long as there is enough hormone. Congrats on your pregnancy btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->