Does this make any sense? Tell me I'm paranoid! lol

Petzy

Reaction score
Hi ladies....

So my DH and I are WTT, wont be TTC for awhile... but we do talk about kids now and again.

On the weekend we were talking and he told me that one of us must be infertile because we should have been preggers by now! Now keep in mind we have not TTC ever...

I asked him why he said that and he said because we dont use protection other than the withdrawl method (which I think is about 80% effective.. or more?) and i have been off the pill for 9 months or so.

I said you cant possibly think that because not only would an "oops" withdrawl have to have happened, but also what are the odds it would happen when i am ovulating! Sheesh!

but of course it got me all paranoid thinking maybe hes right and we should have had a scare by now... the only scare i had was when we first went off the pill and my periods were irregular!

Someone calm me down and tell me that i have no reason to think i am in fertile lol

Hun although you can get pregnant using the withdrawal method but its more than likely not!
Like you said even if you did have an accident if might of happened on a 'infertile' day. I have been reading 'taking charge of your fertility' today think its gone straight to my head lol.
Do you chart or take temps?
x

Thanks for the reply

No i dont chart or take temps... I am not TTC yet

But i am on mymonthlycycles.com for monthly cycle tracking which is a great site...

You?

I have no experience of the withdrawal method as I think it's too risky. I don't know how true that is, as I think some people say 'oops I got pregnant even though partner withdrew' but actually are a bit embarrassed to admit to the fact that they got pregnant when they weren't planning to. I would rather not use withdrawal method (just in case).

Remember though, that even when people try to get pregnant some can't straight away, and it's not because they are infertitle it's just chance.

Thanks for the reply

But i am on mymonthlycycles.com for monthly cycle tracking which is a great site...

You?

Me and OH are going to decided soon when we TTC but i have thought bout temping or charting from next month to look at my cycles. But i have been on the pill for quite a while which is why i am thinking about doing it.
I am sure you are both very fertile hun, you have a TTC date in mind?
x

From online research on this matter, which I did for my purposes a while ago I got the impression that many people use the withdrawal method for years and it can b quite successful. So I honestly don't think you've got something to worry about.

Also as Stargirl mentioned it takes time to get pregnant even if you are actively trying and 9 months is not that long. . .

I really don't think you've got something to worry about! :)

Thanks stargirl..

I agree on all counts... I mean we understand there is the possibility of an oops with our method, but still unlikely....

Thanks for the reply

You?

Me and OH are going to decided soon when we TTC but i have thought bout temping or charting from next month to look at my cycles. But i have been on the pill for quite a while which is why i am thinking about doing it.
I am sure you are both very fertile hun, you have a TTC date in mind?
x

I dont have a TTC date in mind really... we have been through a really tough time in our marriage and i know hes not ready yet and I am not ready either... i am enjoying spending our time together for now! I could live with an OOPS of course :)

My goal would be to begin TTC sometime in 2010, maybe spring.

From online research on this matter, which I did for my purposes a while ago I got the impression that many people use the withdrawal method for years and it can b quite successful. So I honestly don't think you've got something to worry about.

Also as Stargirl mentioned it takes time to get pregnant even if you are actively trying and 9 months is not that long. . .

I really don't think you've got something to worry about! :)

Thanks I would have to agree with you! But you cant help but wonder.. i think its often a womans fear when she DOES think about it from time to time...

i wouldnt give the pull out "method" any percentage of effectiveness at all i think this is more for people who arent ttc but arent preventing it either.

u can get pregnant from pre cum which comes sometimes afew mins b4 the man cums i no afew girls personaly who have got pregnant from this and there are afew women on here who got preg this way too.

i dont think u need to worry about going for tests just yet to see if u r both fertile till u have actually started ttc for atleast afew years.

Hi there :wave:

I've been using the pull out method with DH since the wedding, 10 months and nothing then prior to that I used it for 6 years with my ex. Never a pregnancy and I know for a fact my ex (has kids now) and DH are working fine and I have been temping so looks like I'll be good too when we TTC. I think the pull out method just makes it highly unlikely. Don't worry!!!

I know many people that use that method, and never get pregnant, its such a slim chance that I wouldn't worry about it. All of us get paranoid about there being some problem with our bodies, but its just that, a paranoia, believe me. take care and don't worry, xxx

Even if you are WTT, you could start charting. It will give you all sorts of info about yourself and can give you a heads up if something is going on (for example, if you aren't ovulating). Even better, once you have a few cycles charted, you'll be free of any anxiety that you have infertility issues! :)

Hello,

I understand your paranoia but...
Perfectly fertile people who are trying damn hard to get the sperm to the egg and babydancing like rabbits during ovulation can take a year or more to concieve. You definately shouldn't worry yourself.

We spend our school lives being told you'll get pregnant the second you have unprotected sex but for most fertile people that's not true. Research when I was TTC said that every cycle in which a fertile couple attempt to conceive there is something like a 1 in 34 chance it will happen.

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->