Does this mean I will be induced?

Laeyla

Reaction score
Third pregnancy had no problems with my other two. My bp with this one has been high since 35 weeks. I'm now 37+3. I ended up going to be assessed at the hospital on Sunday because i had a headache as well. They did some blood work whoch was ok and urine is good but the doc there suggested i spend 12 hours a day lying down before I saw doc today to see if bp goes down.
So this morning I saw my doc. It was still up at its usual numbers now 140/90ish. He did check me and said I was 1 cm and my cervix was really soft. He did a sweep to hopefully get things started on their own but he said if I measure my bp at home and it's over 140/90 two different times 20 min apart then I should go to the hospital.
Does that mean I would be induced at that point or just checked again? I should have asked but I also have a wicked sinus infection atm so am not exactly on my a game.

From my experience, most likely yes.

I had raised BP with my first and ended up being induced. I went to a routine midwife appointment and she sent me to the hospital to have a BP profile done. It was still raised after this so I had to go up to delivery suite to see a doctor. She gave me a sweep and they booked me in to be induced in 4 days time, so it's not like I was induced immediately. Although as it turns out the sweep ruptured my membranes and I had to go in the next day because I was leaking loads of fluid!

Most likely you will be induced, but since you are already dialating it is just going to speed the process up.

Yes, I believe that means you will be induced, especially if they did a sweep to get things going. They did that to hopefully get you to go into labor on your own without the need of induction medications. Any time your BP is high they don't like to wait to deliver for fear of preeclampsia complications. Good luck!

Yeah I agree with the others. Once mine hit 91 they kept me in to be induced. 91 and above was classed as too high where I had my daughter. Xx

Thanks ladies. My BP seems to have gone down since I got antibiotics for my sinus infection. Not sure if that was the cause of it being raised (my fam doc said it wouldn't raise it a nurse said it would....shrug).
I lost my mucous plug this morning so hopefully things start soon. Although we are supposed to get 20 cm of snow tomorrow :( so hopefully baby comes before or after the storm lol.

Good luck Hun, this weather is terrifying when you are so close. Hope all is going well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->