Does this sound like a chemical?

Cattia

Reaction score
I have been testing since about 10dpo this cycle (been through about 20 ic) :blush: and I kept on getting evap lines on every test. I know this can happen with ic but I also got them on cheap boots own. They didn't get darker and they were the kind of line you have to hold to the light to see, very much grey ghost lines. I got my AF today, one or two days late I think although I might have ovulated latealthough it isn't painful, it's heavier than usual with red and pink clots. I never normally get clots. Am wondering if this was a chemical? I had a mc in Feb and am starting to freak out that I have a hormonal imbalance. I guess if I hadn't tested a million times and got all those evap lines I wouldn't think much of it, but maybe they were not just evaps? Not sure what to think.

I had tiny clots last month and my AF was only two days on/off..and lighter than normal for me...I never get clots only when I have had a mc..(and all tests i did was BFN and I didn't even get an evap.)...x.

Check out this site on when to test. Hope it helps.

https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

I've had the same this month, evap type lines on all different types of tests from 10dpo-13dpo (today) I've never got them in other cycles I wasn't pregnant. I'm not counting it as a chemical personally though as I couldn't actually say any of the lines were a positive. I had a chemical two cycles ago and then I had clear positives over several days before they started getting lighter and started bleeding. still waiting on AF, she's a bit late but I've been taking vit b6 to lengthen luteal phase which could be why.

I've had the same this month, evap type lines on all different types of tests from 10dpo-13dpo (today) I've never got them in other cycles I wasn't pregnant. I'm not counting it as a chemical personally though as I couldn't actually say any of the lines were a positive. I had a chemical two cycles ago and then I had clear positives over several days before they started getting lighter and started bleeding. still waiting on AF, she's a bit late but I've been taking vit b6 to lengthen luteal phase which could be why.

Yes, same here, I couldn't say either if any of the lines were more than evap. If I had just one I would say 100% evap, it's just odd that every single test I took had an evap. Good luck with TTC, it's such a roller coaster!

I've been taking B6 10mg for the past three weeks with folic acids.. Today I have been feeling nausea in waves as they say and very light headed/dizzy when getting up... (It's a totally different feeling to being ill/flu).

Yes, same here, I couldn't say either if any of the lines were more than evap. If I had just one I would say 100% evap, it's just odd that every single test I took had an evap. Good luck with TTC, it's such a roller coaster!

Thanks, you too! :thumbup:

Did the evap line appear before or after the test time limit? If after, it was an evap line; if before, it was a positive result, no matter how faint it was. Even in the latter case, it wouldn't necessarily mean you have a hormonal imbalance; 1/3 of all pregnancies fail to implant and it's usually due to a chromosomal abnormality in the egg. All women tend to ovulate eggs with abnormalities sometimes, so it's nothing to worry about unless it happens multiple times in a row.

There's no such thing as a false positive unless you have one of a few very rare medical conditions (and you should know); if the line appears during the testing time window, it's a positive, no matter how faint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->