Does this sound like gallstones?

Missnurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm wondering if anyone else has experience of these?

For 3 years now I've had what I thought was indigestion, sometimes it would just be an irritating pain other times I'd be doubled over in agony. I'd describe it as though if I could be sick id feel better but I can't be sick. To begin with I was given lansoprazole which didn't help and to date I've had omeprazole, ranitidine, bascopan all of which did nothing. The only thing that soothed it was drinking peptic liquid from the bottle. Finally my doctor is sending me for a scan to see if I have gallstones after telling him I am now experiencing some sharp pains under my ribs. It can be particularly bad after my main meal at night but can occur any time of day before or after eating. I can go days/weeks without an episode then it starts and it can be every day for a week or more.

My last really bad episode was last year when I was pg it felt like a vice round my ribs, it woke me up and nothing alleviated it. By the time I got to hospital it had stopped and nothing more was done. I've had various blood tests over the years all of which have been normal.

It hasn't affected my appetite apart from at the beginning where I felt full quickly but that passed after a while and I eat normally now. No weight loss.

Also with this current bout I've noticed a dull ache in my back which started as lower pain then moved to the middle of my back for a whole day and at the minute my shoulders are so stiff and sore I don't know whether this could be related? I also feel quite breathless. I'm 26 with 2 children and doc says I'm too young for stones?

I just wanted some other experiences as I am worried such it is something bad like my pancrease, worst thing I did was google but I keep trying to tell myself that after 3 years I would know something worse was up help ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->