Does this sound like gallstones?

Sadly it's just the way the NHS works. Your GP send you for an ultrasound (could be a few weeks wait) then you go see a consultant at hosp who looks and sees if you need it removed, if you do your put on a waiting list which can be about 4 months long.

Even if you go to a&e with an attack they'll manage it and send you home until your operation!! I have a friend who got pancreatitis a few times while waiting and eventually they took it out after a long hospital stay, the first time she was in there she got sent home!!

When I had a gallstone scan he did it much further up than my pregnancy scans so no they wouldn't be picked up that way.

Why does it take so long for you guys to get checked for it? And why does it take so long if diagnosed to get the operation? I had like 5 attacks (I didn't know what it was, I just shrugged it off) until that final attack when my OH called an ambulance - scanned there and then and had it out 2 days later. I don't get why it takes soooooo long, I feel sorry for those who have it and have to wait so long :(

Waiting lists on the nhs, it's classed as non urgent, I waited 7 months from diagnosis to operation. Even that was sped up by me paying private for my scan and consultation and get on the list ASAP!

Quick update I was at doctor today for an appointment for bloods and my tummy felt, he felt my tummy ( which was tender in the centre and off to the right, actually made me feel sick when he was pressing the right?) anyway he didn't say much but my blood results will be ready tomorrow (quick I thought normally it's 3 days here) and he is referring me for a scan as a matter of urgency and should be in a few weeks I'm terrified:(

Don't be terrified! Compared to having a baby the keyhole op to remove the gall bladder is a walk in the park!

Honestly it's fine, i only stayed in hosp one night and was back to normal after a couple of weeks :thumbup: that's if you actually do need surgery, you may not need it done.

It's not the op I'm scared of. And after 3 years I think I'll be begging them to take it out haha!

So I've just had my blood work back and it's fine, still getting a scan though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->