Does this sound like SPD to you?

L

LilMiss_91

I saw my GP about this the other week but he was very unhelpful and just said there was nothing he could do about it :/ but it's getting worse and I can see myself being almost crippled by the time of delivery :(
I have a pain in my hip/groin area (so inner hip I suppose) which started off being occasionally on the left side but is now almost constantly in both sides. Transferring weight from one leg to the other is very painful, making everything from getting dressed/undressed, to climbing stairs and walking increasingly difficult. Even when sitting or laying, raising my leg from the hip is impossible unless I support and physically help raise my leg up with my hands.
Do you know if this sounds like SPD/PGP? How long do I leave it before pushing my Doc/midwife to at least TRY and do something? I want to be able to have an active labour and I'm worried about this continuing to get worse and affecting my labour/delivery.

That defo sounds like spd I've had it in 2 of my pregnancies and was referred to physio at 16 weeks with both I'd ask to speak to the head midwife

Thankyou ladies, I'll try and push my midwife to do something! It's really getting unbearable. The GP didn't even check me over or anything and put it down to ligaments loosening up :/

@bobbie88 did the physio help you much?

I was referred with SPD at 18 weeks. I went and saw the physio and he said I also had problems with my hip and my back - which I didn't even know about.

This sounds like my symptoms. I also can't push things with my feet anymore - like at work, rather than bending, I would push things with my feet to move them - that now hurts and I have no choice but to bend and push or get someone else to do it.
They also say a characteristic of it is a waddle, which I found myself doing.

Apparently the waddle will only make things worse, so if you are doing it, try and walk with your legs together. I did this and was still in pain, but not as bad as when I just let myself waddle.

Also try sleeping with a pillow between your legs, it helps to realign your pelvis. I used to get a burning pain when I tried to turn over in bed and occasionally still do, but not as bad now.

Hi you sound exactly like me except mine's just rigjt groin. I'm now dependent on crutches. I'm in constant agony ans I'm so miserable. Physio gave me crutches and some exercises to do but now it's got so bad I can not do the exercises.
Demand a referral x x

I was referred with SPD at 18 weeks. I went and saw the physio and he said I also had problems with my hip and my back - which I didn't even know about.

This sounds like my symptoms. I also can't push things with my feet anymore - like at work, rather than bending, I would push things with my feet to move them - that now hurts and I have no choice but to bend and push or get someone else to do it.

Apparently the waddle will only make things worse, so if you are doing it, try and walk with your legs together. I did this and was still in pain, but not as bad as when I just let myself waddle.

Also try sleeping with a pillow between your legs, it helps to realign your pelvis. I used to get a burning pain when I tried to turn over in bed and occasionally still do, but not as bad now.

Thankyou for the advice :)
I haven't noticed a waddle exactly, it's more of a two-legged hobble :S (think old lady with bad arthritis!)

That's something I am a bit concerned about actually. I fell down the stairs when I was 10, never saw a Dr about it but I still get pain sometimes so I maybe that could be contributing to it?

I'll definitely try the pillow between my legs as I also keep getting horrible pain when laying down.

They gave me a support belt to wear when walking which helped a lot and showed me how to get in and out of bed, stand up etc to help reduce pain

Hi you sound exactly like me except mine's just rigjt groin. I'm now dependent on crutches. I'm in constant agony ans I'm so miserable. Physio gave me crutches and some exercises to do but now it's got so bad I can not do the exercises.
Demand a referral x x

I know the feeling :/ I went shopping with my sister yesterday and I was almost in tears at some points. I feel like an old woman! Fingers crossed this will go once our bubbies are here! :flower: xx

They gave me a support belt to wear when walking which helped a lot and showed me how to get in and out of bed, stand up etc to help reduce pain

That sounds helpful :) definitely more helpful than my GP! He's usually very good so I don't know why he was so difficult!

That definitely sounds like it! I have started seeing an osteopath and its soooo much better! X

Thankyou for the advice :)
I haven't noticed a waddle exactly, it's more of a two-legged hobble :S (think old lady with bad arthritis!)

That's something I am a bit concerned about actually. I fell down the stairs when I was 10, never saw a Dr about it but I still get pain sometimes so I maybe that could be contributing to it?

I'll definitely try the pillow between my legs as I also keep getting horrible pain when laying down.

It could be. I had a skateboarding accident as a teenager, i never saw a doctor about it either and apparently my spine bends to one side. I've also got an extremely curved spine - gives me a great shape but awful back pain lol.

I was a gymnast when i was younger too, so I blame my hip problem on that. It's really stiff and juddery now, also clicks a lot.

It definitely sounds like SPD to me, my midwife passed on my details to a physio and I have my first appointment on Tues. Ask to be reffered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->