Does this sound like too much for 5 months?

S

Serene123

two boobie feeds during the night
porridge (half a jar)
boobie feed
boobie feed
half a jar of fruit
boobie feed
boobie feed
half a jar of cottage pie
boobie

and over again?

I don't think that sounds like too much!! My doctor told me that you can't really feed a baby too much unless you are forcing them to eat it.

Sounds fine to me. Josh was eating about the same when he was 5month.

To me it sounds like a lot, just because we are still working on getting Erica to eat 2 or 3 meals a day. But I agree, if she wants it, I think it should be fine. :)

She wants more but I don't want to overfeed her. She is definately ready to eat! I just don't want her to eat too much and not have enough milk!

Sounds fine to me, Dec was eating way more at 5 months, but he was a gut, I believe mother knows best and if you thinks she needs and wants more then do it hun. I dont think you can over feed a baby unless, like someone already said, you are forcing them to eat xx

We have a more normal routine now and she's eating quite small meals, sometimes she won't eat much atall but I'm offering it and she doesn't eat what she doesn't want

Seems fine , ella is eating that now too :)

That sounds fine to me. Colton was eating way more than that too. :blush:
He was eating a whole stage 1, or half a stage 2. (He had two stage 1's and one stage 2 a day)

i would of said that was fine.

changing the subject though,
we went to visit the in-laws the other day and the MIL doesnt let joshua finish a bottle coz she says that babies will eat until they pop and dont know when to stop.
joshua usually has about 5-6oz of milk at a time but when we were there she was only letting him have 3oz or so and then he would scream coz he wanted more but she would just put it down to he over filled his belly.

sorry for hijacking your thread,sorry.

Your MIL is an idiot then. Babies CAN'T eat more than they need. If their belly is too full they be sick.

Brayden is 5 months and we're starting to intro 2 meals a day...

so...

2:30: BF
5:30; BF
8: BF
11: BF
12: 1.5 tbsp cereal w/breastmilk and 1/2 jar fruit or veggie OR 1 jar fruit/veggie
2: BF
5: BF
6:30/7: 1 tbsp cereal w/ 1 jar veggie, fruit if still hungry
8:30: BF
11:30 (sometimes): BF

i know toria, ive tried telling her and she wont listen.

she had joshua the other day while me and graham went out. we left at 2.00pm and got back at 11pm.
he is usually in bed a by 7 and when we got back he was still up.

she said he had about 5oz of milk while we were out.
even though he was due 2 bottles and has 6oz in each.
so guess what that night he didnt sleep at all.

i dont know why she thinks that,shes had 3 children.

That sounds fine hun , as the girls said you can over feed her as she will turn awya when shes full ..if your worried about her not getting enough milk try feeding her milk first then her food this way you know she got the milk ..they wont ask for solids just yet and sometimes max will eat more one day then the next until hes got a routine established it wont make me worry too much he still gets 2-30 onz of milk per day plus his solids ..

Be sure to giver her water too between feeds (if your not already doing so ) if not her poop will be hard I leanred the hard way my poor baby was straining so much

Her poo is fine. Better infact. It was hard before solids now it's yellow and normal. She doesn't have water inbetween.

YEAH :) I didnt know BM is 80% water its such a complex thing we make its how shall i say "perfect " lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->