Does time go slow while you are waiting to be called to theatre?

GraceyB

Reaction score
I've been told there is 3 of us and we will be called in turn. I have to arrive at 7.30 am, did time go slow while you waited ? What did you do to pass the time? :)

We had to go in early and I was taken down at lunch time. Looking back it didn't feel like that long to wait but at the time it felt like forever. I remember thinking 'I wish they would just hurry up' and when they told me it was time to get ready I was looking around for someone who I could let go first lol.

they only do two elective sections a day at the hospital i went to. i was second on the list we were there at 8am but didnt go into theatre til 3.30pm due to multiple emergency sections taking priority. so it waas a long wait especially as I hadnt eaten or drunk anything since midnight the night before they gave me a drip about 1pm. my advice take somthing to read or ipod etc.

Time went very slow for me. I got there at 10am to be booked in and then sat on a ward for 3 and a half hours before anyone came and spoke to us.

I took a book but couldnt get into it, far too worried. But once my stockings were stretched on it flew by. C section at 2, back on the ward by 4ish.

Next time i would take my ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->