Does your child attend primary school NOT in catchment area?

Im in Scotland and my sister is a primary school teacher in my town. Basically, you put in a pLcement request and hope for the best! If there are spaces, then you may well get it, but sometimes there are no spaces therefore you wont!
In my town, everybody got their requests accepted for intake this year, whereas last year alot of parents requested a place in a specific school but nobodys got accepted, there was no space!
I am applying for my daughter to go to a school not in our catchment, so fingers crossed! My mum and sister both live within this schools catchment so apprently this will work to my advantage when they are considering it (for emergency, childcare etc)

You can't hide the fact you don't live in catchment - the applications are done to the local authority centrally based on your home address and they do make checks. And being at the preschool doesn't count in anyway towards getting a place unless the admissions criteria for that particular school says so.

Schools get given a list of children who are eligible for a place by the local authority. Unless there is extra criteria like church attendance etc, the school has no input or say in who is on that list. I'm assuming it's similar in Scotland to England.

I wouldn't try to hide it but what I mean is on the original application is there a space for additional comments or whatever, if so, should I write there that I am aware that we don't yet live within catchment but we hope to be in the near future and hope that because she has had pre school introductions to the teachers etc at the nursery they will take our application into consideration OR should I just apply, and not explain why we are applying out of catchment?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->