does your dd wear a dress everyday? and a rant.

My girls only wear dresses and skirts in the summer or for special occasions. They just aren't practical especially living in Scotland where it's cold most of the time. I love to see girls in casual clothes knowing they are comfy and feel no need to be "girly "

I was just about to post exactly what you wrote ha!
our Good auld Scottish weather doesn't allow many days for dresses and skirts, or atleast not without tights, heavy jackets and bunnets lol xo

My girls only wear dresses and skirts in the summer or for special occasions. They just aren't practical especially living in Scotland where it's cold most of the time. I love to see girls in casual clothes knowing they are comfy and feel no need to be "girly "

Same here and I am also in Scotland so she doesn't get to wear them often... :haha: I went clothes shopping yesterday and she got one dress/long top. Today she is rocking a long-sleeved top with a rabbit on it, black leggings and black Converse and I'll tell you, she got on much better playing outside on the slide in that than she would of in a dress! Also they 'boy' comment? Really? She's not in a pink, flowery, frilly dress so she is in 'boys clothes' :wacko: :shrug:

Another Scot here! My wee one wears dresses and tights and then a cardigan because the wee gap between her trousers and socks means she gets cold lol! I had my first day back at work and wore a skirt and tights today and I'm still under the duvet coz I got so cold!

I wear a dress every day that I worm, which is three a week. The rest I am usually in jeans. I dont find I get cold and my DD wears thick tights with any dress/shorts she wears. We too are in Sunny Scotland 😂

My daughter picks her clothes and guaranteed she will pick shorts/pants and a t-shirt. It's just how she rolls. And quite frankly, she can play better in that than a dress. She doesn't need to wear a dress to be a girl. Oh and she likes to say 'I'm a boy. I'm a pretend boy'. You do you, kiddo ;)

My 17.5 month old wears a dress maybe once a week, more in the summer. She walked early, at the beginning of last summer, so our options were opened up earlier and she looks cute in dresses. She has leggings, cords, jeans, trackies, and dresses, plus a skirt. So mostly she's in leggings or cords over the winter, and would have thick tights on with a dress.

I don't put her in anything impractical...I wouldn't put her in a dress of any sort for the park or soft play. Today she was at the park in blue jeans, a long-sleeved top with dinosaurs on, and a blue and cream striped fleece jacket. She has so many dinosaur clothes it's ridiculous, but that's what she's into and I can't help myself :haha:

None of the above means she's in boys' clothes...well, some of the things she has are from the boys section. But they're HER clothes, therefore they're girls' clothes :D Pink and frilly is just not me, and it's not my daughter either.

Ignore them all, what do they know anyway? Some people have nothing better to do with themselves.

Thanks ladies. So glad it's not just me who feels this way. I should add we were at a stay and play session, so a toddler group. Soft play would be leggings or jeggings. I almost don't want to go back but it's the only session around us at a reasonable time, around her naps. And she enjoys it. Obviously lo didn't understand what they were saying but I'm sure it won't be long if she is anything like her big brother. My mum was speaking to me in gujrati ( same language the mums were talking in) and DS understood what she was saying. We don't speak gujrati at home, I only ever speak it to my mum if I don't want ds to know what I'm saying, or if I'm talking to my nan. We were both so shocked when he understood.
DD looks a doable in dresses, and I'm sure she will wear them more in the warmer months but for now, if she is comfy in her 5 year old brothers hoody and a pair of jeans so be it. It's freezing out and I'd rather she was cozy than look super girly to please other.
Eta: it really annoys me that the feel like it's acceptable to judge a 21 month old. It's bad enough people judge others as we become adults but to do that to a child is horrible. I'm sure she, like everyone, will be judged for some stupid thing or another, as she gets older. It's horrible to feel judged, I'm sure these women have all experienced it at some point, surely they know how shitty it feels. So why inflict that on a baby, or a toddler or a child. Ok so she doesn't understand, but to say it about a child is just plain mean. My DS has had kids say some kids say stuff to him that has realy upset him. He got told he was a
Saa girl because he had frozen tissues, because he has the most amazingly soft floppy long hair, and because he put an else doll on his list to Santa, ( he asked Santa for the doll for dd). We have always told him colours, clithes tpys r for everyone. And the people who sah otherwise are narrowminded and wrong. Say what you want about me, I'm a grown up, but do t be mean about my kids. They are the most amazing little people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I wish people would let kids be kids and explore the world around them, without forcing gender stereo types on them. The end.

Sorry, went off on a little rant there.

My daughter refused to even talk about dresses at your daughter's age. She picks out her own clothes so I'd she wants a Spiderman top and jeans, great.. If she wants a dress, fine. As long as it's weather appropriate I don't see why anyone cares. Almost none of the kids at preschool wear dresses.. Even on picture day there were only maybe two in dresses in a class with 13 girls.

Ridiculous that anyone is judging someone else's choice of clothing, let alone a young child!
My daughter does wear dresses and skirts a lot but she chooses what she wears. She either has tights or leggings underneath to keep her warm. Some of the outfit choices she makes are crazy but it's her choice and it shouldn't be anyone else's business.

It's made me so angry for you and your LO reading that. Who cares what children wear? If it's a batman costume or Elsa dress, boy or girl? Arghh the rudeness of some people.

I know you don't want too (and I'm very non confrontational, so would be the same!) but please please come up with something to say to them, so that when they do make you snap you have an amazing comeback (in the language they don't know you can speak!) and maybe have the foresight to film thier faces?!

My daughter might wear a dress for Christmas or her birthday and if we're going to a wedding. That's literally about it. They aren't practical. Whether she's at nursery or home, she's outside most of the day every day and we live in the country, so it's muddy and there's horse poop everywhere because we live along a bridlepath. If she wore a dress, she'd be covered in mud and god knows what else within about 5 seconds of going outside! :dohh: So no, she wears a dress maybe a few times a year when I know she's mostly going to be inside or we'll be somewhere nice, like an outdoor garden wedding where it won't automatically get dragged in the water and dirt. I think it's weird that anyone would comment on your LO's clothes. I would just chalk it up to people having too much time on their hands and never getting their kids outside, which is bad all around for their kids.

Snap. Snap and snap!

Dress at Christmas. Dress on birthday. Dress at wedding/christening.

That's it for my LO. She looks ridiculously cute in dark blue jeans and a cheeky top (although tops generally tend to be pastel colours)

Summer is generally leggings and floaty tops. I'm not a girly girl and she won't be either!

My Nan constantly berates me for not putting her in dresses but they are so impractical. Also makes me think that she looks even more adorable in a dress when she does wear one!

I remember how frustrating it was when Alex was born. She got dresses at any opportunity and I can safely say she wore none! Now that Easter is here I normally get some from my aunt but we put them on, get pics and take them off :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->