does your family and friends no your TTC

debbie2911

Reaction score
hello

just wondering does your family and friends no your TTC me and my DH have just decided to try and im excited. :happydance: thought i was preg this month but im not, so thats what made us decide. want to tell everyone but due to complications with my first, some people are scared about me having another, so im not going to tell anyone. is anyone else keeping it a secret? if you have told people do they keep making comments about it?
xxx

It was a secret until I got preg last month and we had to tell because of the work I do on the farm, then I mc'ed and of course the cat is out of the bag! :rofl: No one has bought it up, but it could be because they know its a touchy subject atm! I wont be telling when I fall preg again till Im way out of the woods, maybe not even my darling dh!:haha:

I have not told anyone and I am glad I haven't as I am now on my 7month ttc and I couldn't deal with people asking me if I am pregnant yet making me feel even worse.

hello

just wondering does your family and friends no your TTC me and my DH have just decided to try and im excited. :happydance: thought i was preg this month but im not, so thats what made us decide. want to tell everyone but due to complications with my first, some people are scared about me having another, so im not going to tell anyone. is anyone else keeping it a secret? if you have told people do they keep making comments about it?
xxx

Well, I have a big mouth so everyone knows. Now people are always asking me if I'm pregnant YET. My best friend likes to tell people: "I've been waiting FOREVER for her to get pregnant!" #-o

I haven't told anyone that we're TTC right now....they know we were going to try abotu this time but I keep telling them we pushed it back! I agree honeybee...I couldn't put up with the pressure from my family and friends.

thanks everyone, i dont think i will then. not only that when some family members find out i am they will not be happy and the MIL will be extremely happy but i expect will not stop asking lol i to also have a big mouth when it comes to things like this, so i must learn to control myself, so very hard though especially as DH always said no more after my labour :D yah im finally TTC woohoo, just need to learn about charting and temps and stuff, with my daughter i fell preg straight away so going to need to read up this time :D xx

I havent told anyone that we are tryin either like someone above said weve been trying 5 months and nothing and couldnt do with the added pressure of ppl asking if 'its' happened yet im frustrated enough without answering others questions lol x

Some people know about me and hubby-a close couple at church know, one or two of my work colleagues and my mum and in laws-I haven't told my dad, he can be quite unemotional about things.

I am scared though, regardless of how much me and hubby want a baby due to complications in the family on his side, of which he has. We have been in touch with the geneticist and have been waiting for results since March :cry:

A couple of people know that hubby and I are planning to TTC but we aren't telling most people.

Becasue I already have children and my youngest is 10 hubby wanted to talk the idea through with someone to make sure he wasn't going crazy! His sister knows and thinks it is a brilliant idea and can't wait for us to get pregnant.

Last time we told some of our close friends but it was horrible every month we never got pregnant and they asked. I also had a chemical pregnancy which was quite heart breaking and of course they were all asking.

This time my mum, dad and older brother should really know as I told them I want my kids close in age and my mum is storing our double buggy we got cheap in her house so I think for her its a matter of time before we say we are but they never ask which is good....means there isnt so much pressure and dissapointment as its bad enough your own without everyone else too.

Oh and obviously my BnB friends here know.

Good Luck!

Emma.xx

I think about a dozen of our friend/family know. I prefer not to have a lot of people know because I don't want to be asked if I'm pregnant every month and not be.

No one knows we're TTC. In fact I'd say we're doing the opposite and if people ask or mention kids we say 'no, not for a long time yet'. I just don't want the pressure, there's enough pressure as it is. When it happens we will probably wait a while to tell people too. It's such a personal thing and I want to share it with everyone when I feel as though we can properly get excited about it.

A couple of good friends know, but that's all. I don't really want to broadcast it right now.

Our friends and family know - but only in so far as we got married in September and we want children sooner rather than later (I'm 36 and DH is 45).

I get cross when DH tells neighbours/randoms/obscure relatives that children are on the cards - as I'm sure it'll be all they ever think about when they see us! (which is like every few months, so probably not that big a deal - but even still, I've asked him to button it!)

no one knows besides my sister.. even OH doesn't know the deep dirty details that go into it! hahah! i told him 'what will happen will happen when it happens..' i don't want him to think about it as much as i do or he will be heartbroken just like me month after month.

I've told a few friends & most are good & don't keep asking. 1 friend seems to be avoiding me since I told her. Not sure why, she had a baby earlier this year.

Haven't told my family yet. I feel like I should, but haven't found the right moment, still after 10 month TTC.

I've only told my best mate , who i just discovered is on here too! She is waiting for me in the first tri section, lol.

BUt not told parents for these reasons...

In laws are hassling me for a grandson , was round there yesterday cuddling my new lil 6 day old neice and all i got was 'feeling broody yet' and similar comments...can do without the spanish inquisisition at the mo. Also i am paranoid that im infertile or something so part of me doesnt want to tell anyone incase i have to explain all that at a later date.
Havent told my mum and dad as they really dont want me to have any more children, which is sad really but what is the point of telling them if they are not going to be pleased about it....

no one knows besides my sister.. even OH doesn't know the deep dirty details that go into it! hahah! i told him 'what will happen will happen when it happens..' i don't want him to think about it as much as i do or he will be heartbroken just like me month after month.

I'm very much the same. OH just knows the basics and the rest I just keep from him. He has enough stress with work as it is and he doesn't need to be bogged down with it all. We both want a baby, we both try at the right times and are there for each other and that's enough :)

A very close friend knows so i can prattle on about my ttc frustration, mil knows because she wants another grandchild badly!! She asks constantly! Not told my parents, dont want to hear the reaction!
This is why i come on here, to vent the ttc stuff!
It has been 8 months now and not only would i be going nutty with all the 'anything happened yet' questions but i am quite glad i have not broadcast it because it is something for me and dh to deal with, and should we decide to stop ttc i then dont have to go round explaining to eveyone!
I think friends know I would like another baby but not how much or that we are activly trying so hard!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->