does your MIL have a relationship with your child?

missy123

Reaction score
Im just wondering because it kills me that mine hasnt got any time for my little boy..is it common with the "sons" children for the mum to keep her distance?i saw my MIL last week and she didnt even saw hello to my child :cry: just chatted to me and im soooo upset since x

Wow. That's really sad. My MIL definitely has less time for our little girl than she does his sisters son. They were born six months apart so everything she's doing he did a few months beforehand so it's boring for them now. It really upsets me when I think about it. My little girl started blowing kisses the other night when MIL was here so all I got was 'aww ***** does that, that's what he does.'

I wanted to slap her!!!

But hey, our LO's will always be number one in our eyes!!

:( :hug:

My MIL does now, but its been a hard struggle to get to where we are (she visits on a Sun). Personally, i couldnt care less if she dropped off the face of the planet but hey...
I think maybe have a word with OH, take LO round more often to play...

its so sad..i cant wait to have the grandkids around when im older..they are such a blessing :thumbup: i just hope he doesnt feel too bad..hes 7 and he has mentioned it to me that he does not get much time from her or attention

(we're not married but..) my other halfs mum has our daughter every monday, and when this one is born she'll be having this one to when i go back to work. Shes a bit of a snotty lady so am suprised she wanted to help us out but i do like that our children get to spend time with their grandparents

Nope none at all she's never met him

When I think about it though if I had a son I cannot see any reason why I would love his child any less than my daughters or be any less interested.

My MIL adores our kids, and my eldest who I had before I met OH. She treats her exactly the same as all her other grandchildren.

Daisy has always gone up to her house for tea since she was about 2 and now Eden has started going too as SIL is living with her now. They dote on them both.

I think a lot of mil's are closer to their daughters kids than their sons tho. I don't know why. It's strange!

My MIL adores our kids, and my eldest who I had before I met OH. She treats her exactly the same as all her other grandchildren.

Daisy has always gone up to her house for tea since she was about 2 and now Eden has started going too as SIL is living with her now. They dote on them both.

I think a lot of mil's are closer to their daughters kids than their sons tho. I don't know why. It's strange!

very strange...we are trying for a baby for so long now and we want it sooo desperately yet she doesnt seem to even notice the one we already made :growlmad:

:nope: That is so sad that she didnt even say hello to your LO. Its discraceful infact. Not surr what to suggest. My MIL is fantastic with Lola, they absolutely adore each other. Its particularly important to me because I have no relationship with my own mum and therefore neither does Lola (they have never met) But OHs mum makes up for that and more .

:nope: That is so sad that she didnt even say hello to your LO. Its discraceful infact. Not surr what to suggest. My MIL is fantastic with Lola, they absolutely adore each other. Its particularly important to me because I have no relationship with my own mum and therefore neither does Lola (they have never met) But OHs mum makes up for that and more .

ahh she sounds lovely..yeah that night we met in mass she came over to me and hugged me and said hello and did not even look at my son :nope: i mean a hello and a little kiss would have made all the difference but she couldnt be bothered..she never minds him or visits us..we always visit her to maintain a relationship with our son but when hes in her home hes plonked in front of the TV she has her daughters kids all the time :shrug:

zanes seen mil a hand full of times, she doesnt even bother to make a effort. she only saw zane cuz oh would take him to see her.
so he doesnt even no her which is fine with me shes a bitch.
since oh died she still hasnt made much effort n shes seen corey once.

if ur mil doesnt make an effort its her loss, ur oh needs to have words with her

zanes seen mil a hand full of times, she doesnt even bother to make a effort. she only saw zane cuz oh would take him to see her.

if ur mil doesnt make an effort its her loss, ur oh needs to have words with her

im so sorry hun :cry: thats so bad on her part..ive told my husband i wont be bothering anymore as its not fair on the child..hes starting to notice and id hate for him to feel left out by an adult who should know better

im so sorry hun :cry: thats so bad on her part..ive told my husband i wont be bothering anymore as its not fair on the child..hes starting to notice and id hate for him to feel left out by an adult who should know better

im making zero effort with my inlaws so if they wana no the boys they can kiss my ass for the pleasure lol

its awful ur mil didnt even say hello to him! id definatly tell ur oh to have words, she should be ashamed of herself

My sisters baby was her fellas parents 5th grandchild and my sister actually has to ask them if they can have time without them. Lol.

I'm lucky. I love the fact that Harvey has such a strong bond with OH's parents and I'm sure Vincent will too. They see them at least once a week and most Sundays they take Harvey shopping or to the airport to watch the planes or to the pet shop to see the animals. Whenever we go to pick him up either mil or fil are on the floor playing with him.

Shes not my MIL anymore but no, she has never bothered with LO. Never ever comes to see him, never has. LOs dad will sometimes take him round to her house when hes home. I dont really care though, LO will know when hes older that their not worth the time anyway x

It's my fil that's the problem. He got caught out lying as to why he wasn't coming to my LO first birthday, we haven't heard a peep from him for two month, infact he doesn't even know we've moved house...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->