dog owners need some help!

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
Ive used advocate spot on for my dog since i got him but gave him his dose last night and he had a horrible reaction. Nearly straight away he was lethargic then he was up nearly all night didnt wanna lay down and when he did would only stay still for a couple minutes he was on a off my bed all night and eventually ended up sleeping on mybed which he never does as he prefers his own bed. Hes better this morning though im going to inform my vets about his reaction. But now i dont know what worm and flea preventatives to give him in future im going to ask my vets but also wondered what worm and flea preventatives you use on your dogs. I only used advocate as it did both worms and fleas among other things but i dont think theres others like that on the market so im guessing will need to look at seperate ones x

I've seen cats have a severe allergic reaction to flea treatments before and it's really scary :hugs:

Personally I use an oral worming paste (panacur) for both the dogs and cats and a tiny amount of garlic paste in their food for fleas. For some reason fleas don't like garlicy blood, so they stay off the animals :thumbup:

In large amounts garlic can be toxic for dogs & cats so I do only use a very small amount and it works a treat :)

Poor boy!
Def inform your vets as they should contact the company who make Advocate ( I think it's Bayer) and let them know. Advocate is good as it will cover for fleas and ear mites and it does lungworm too if you live in an area where it might be a problem. It doesn't cover for tapeworm or ticks though.
I usually use Frontline combo or Stronghold and worm with Drontal.

i use frontline & drontal..

hope your dogs ok :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back