Dogs and leads..

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
We've never really had much problem with either of our neighbours but recently one of them have got a dog, a puppy bitch staffie.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a guy walk down the street with his dog on a lead and this staff ran straight over attacking his dog and the neighbour just stood and shouted its name :/
Then yesterday it ran into my house, jumped on my couch and tried attacking my cat but my cat scratched it just above the eye and cut it and managed to get away.
Now today we were walking our very big dog home from the park and their dog was once again wandering the street and came running straight over barking trying to attack my dog, my dog went straight for it (he was on lead and is usually ok with dogs as long as they don't attack him) oh managed to get them away while they sat and did little..

I'm more worried about my dog hurting theirs and there ending up either being trouble or my dog getting took away for eating the little dog :dohh:

There's not much I can do is there? :/ .. How hard is it to keep your dog on a lead if it doesn't like other animals??

I'd be worried about it attacking a child walking past. I don't know if it would be the police or the RSPCA this was reported to, but I'd definately report it, they don't sound like responsible dog owners at all! That must have been so scary when it ran in your house! xxx

Yeah, deffo report it, it sounds horrible! It just came into your house? What the hell x

Or speak to them about it and say you're concerned that when their dog is off the lead that buddy might get to her and injure her. Then atleast you've told them x

I'm not sure how it is around children, seems fine around people though. It was definitely scary! My kitty handled it better than me lol.

I just don't wanna cause trouble by ringing authorities :S sounds silly but me and OH like the quiet life, we've told them about our dog and the minute we walked onto the street I told them to pick the dog up, they did but let go of it again. -.- hmm! It's irritating cos I'm worried about letting the pets out now.

Aly I texted you by the way x

Have you actually spoken to your neighbours about it? If my neighbours had trouble with me and didn't even bother to talk it through and went straight to police or whatever i'd be pretty pissed off as i'm the sort of person who bends over backwards to be accommodating to others.

I would also be concerned what it is like around children. It doesn't sound like they are training it very well or looking after it if it can keep getting out.

But talk to them first. And if they don't listen take it from there.

Something needs to be done either way. They might not even realise- my neighbour has a labrador and there was a hole in his fence (didnt realise as garden is huge and it was winter so never went out there) and the dog kept getting out. Only when someone knocked on the door to say his dog was in the road did he realise.

Its a situation in which you could be very judgemental- but also they just genuinely not realise and it isn't a case then of you can point your fingers.

It's not just escaping, they sit on the floor outside their house with friends and let their dog roam up and down the street.
When her dog came in my house OH was telling her to be careful with her dog around ours (she said her dog was trying to 'savage ours through the fence in the garden) but she didn't know how big our dog was til today.

If it happens again ill have a word, I would never go running straight to the police/RSPCA. I don't think they realise its bad to do it iykwim? Once it happened they went inside and took their dog in, so it's not a purpose thing.. I just thing their dog would be better on a lead til it gets used to other dogs x

Well in that case they know what their dog is up to and are doing nothing about it (or that is how im seeing it).

Go and knock on their door tomorrow and talk to them. Don't wait "until something else happens" because something could happened to someone else before it does to you and you may be none the wiser until a while after the event.

You need to nip it in the bud now. Im assuming the puppy is still only young and needs to be taught before it is too late that it isn't acceptable behaviour.

If your neighbours aren't willing to do anything- then, well, IMO- they aren't fit to have an animal.

I am a dog breeder and in march we sold a puppy to a lovely family. We got a phonecall beginning of may to say the 5 month old pup had to be put to sleep because there neighbours 3 doors down staffie had attacked the pup whilst out a walk and injured it so bad the vet couldnt save it. For that reason i would anonymously report to rspca. It might be a child it goes for the next time!

Thank you for the advice, yeah I will have a word and see their reply - they definitely know what their dog is like because they told me themselves. I'd hate myself if anything happened to some bodies child or another dog, like I said its only a puppy so it doesn't realise that's why they need to teach it

Do you not have laws regarding this matter? In Florida we have a law that dogs AND cats must be properly restrained when outside. If there is a legal issue requiring them to do so I would call your local animal control to have them come out when the dog is lose again.

This is VERY dangerous, for all other animals and the dog that is getting loose, and it needs to come to a stop! I don't know why so many people are careless when it comes to issues like this. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->