Doing/Making Things for baby?

NicolleM.T.B.

Mummy to Ava <3
Reaction score
Just wondered if people were making anything for their babies? I'm doing a memory book with week by week pics of bump ect. But are people doing anything else? A friend of mine made a quilt of all her babies old all-in-ones, has anyone else done this? Just wanted a few suggestions really times going slowly now so it'd be nice to have something to focus on that'd be a present for munchkin? :):flower:

We're starting a video diary after the 20 week anomaly scan so that Boo can see what was going on the world. We also have a baby memories book that we've started already and it goes right through until Boo is about 18 months :)

I love making things and I'm an artist so I'm making all my baby's blankets, and I'm currently working on my first ever quilt. I'm painting some nice teddy bear pictures for the baby's room and I've been knitting things for him/her too! Haven't got a baby book yet but hope to get one soon :D

Now that the maternity grant has been scrapped im making all the cot bumper, quilt, curtains etc myself, luckily I am good with a sewing machine. If it is a girl then later on I will have a go at making little dresses!

Im making a pregnancy memory book/diary. It has scan pictures, appointment letters, wee updates, bump pics, pics of the nursery being done etc. We have had 8 scans so far because we are under both the consultant and fetal med team so lots of pics of baby to go in it xx

I'm thinking of making a little coverlet for the cot when we've got our bedding set. They're normally so expensive so I'll make it to match but it will be unique for baby :)

I also wanted to make the bumper etc but my sewing machine is pants and I think I'd end up throwing it out the window if I made it all!

I'm slowly teaching myself to knit & I have made 1 jumper so far, just started a Cardigan. Having rather a lot of fun!

I would love to make a quilt, but my actual sewing ability is pretty awful. I'm probably going to do a cross stitch picture for baby's room at some point.

I'm slowly teaching myself to knit & I have made 1 jumper so far, just started a Cardigan. Having rather a lot of fun!

I would love to make a quilt, but my actual sewing ability is pretty awful. I'm probably going to do a cross stitch picture for baby's room at some point.

A cross stitch picture is such a great idea!

I'm making a swaddling blanket for Peanut...so easy to do so not worth paying £15 or more in the shops. I was also planning to make a nursing cover for myself.

I love the idea of making a quilt of all the sleepsuits. I need to go through my sons...lots of them got yucky milkstains so might make something out of them for peanut

im doing a disney bambi cross stitch that will have her name on it and using it as a door hanger things :)

A cross stitch picture is such a great idea!

I did a Winnie the Pooh cross stitch for my sister when she was expecting and it was so vibrant on the wall, so I'll probably do something similar.

Where do you get these cross-stitch thingy's from? Do they come in sets? I'd really like to do one of those :)

I'm trying to learn how to crochet but it's not working out so well!
So my older daughter and I are making hair-bows. It's the only thing I can do.

Where do you get these cross-stitch thingy's from? Do they come in sets? I'd really like to do one of those :)

Are you in the UK? Hobby Craft have loads of different sets. I actually got mine from a stall on my local Market. There are loads of sellers on the Internet where you can buy sets as well.

Hope you find one!

Are you in the UK? Hobby Craft have loads of different sets. I actually got mine from a stall on my local Market. There are loads of sellers on the Internet where you can buy sets as well.

Hope you find one!

Or cross stitch magazines I love receiving mine each month, they have some gorgeous patterns in them, I'm currently doing one out of the mag for babies room.

Ive knitted some bootees mittens and hat, am putting the scan pics in a frame them decorating the frame and also adding the name ( when we know the sex) so will be blue or pink.
Cross stitching some animals then will have .......... Room in the middle.
Might make some blankets etc once we move and babies room is set up and I know how I'm having it.
I love crafting :)

Yeah in the UK. Gonna have a quick google and will have to nip to Matalan! Thanks ladies, wish me luck. I'm glad i've got so long left because i know my first few attempts are going to be a disaster! :D

I'm making a baby quilt... possibly some fabric toys (like a few cubes out of fabric and pillow stuffing) and I'm also making the nursery's window curtains.

I'm making a quilt and the crib skirt. I didn't like the bedding sets in the theme we're doing and won't be using a bumper so I figured I'd just make my own. Have to get started soon but am waiting for us to set up the crib this weekend so I can make the skirt the right length!

I also plan on doing some drawing or paintings or something for the wall decorations (don't want to paint on the walls directly) ... should really probably start that soon too, lol!

I'm going to make a talking photo book to read to LO -

https://www.talkingproducts.co.uk/talking_photo_albums.htm

We have lots of family both abroad and non-local, as well as my mother who is rapidly declining into the later stages of alzheimers that won't be around to see him grow up so to help them be familiar to him i'm going to send it round everyone and they can put in their photo and whatever they want to record for him, that way he will always know them and they'll be a bit more real :)

I'm making a swaddling blanket for Peanut...so easy to do so not worth paying £15 or more in the shops. I was also planning to make a nursing cover for myself.

I love the idea of making a quilt of all the sleepsuits. I need to go through my sons...lots of them got yucky milkstains so might make something out of them for peanut

Great idea would love to try this myself, how, where have you found a pattern or are you just doing it yourself? i have tried to knit but not getting very far but i can sew and have access to a sewing machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->