doing things differently

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Well we've changed a few things with Hannah's routine the last couple of days (after a hellish week of almost no sleep which culminated in me trying to send Stan to his mother's :blush: we weren't getting along well because of the lack of sleep). Anyways I've started giving Hannah a bottle between 8 and a 8:30 every morning--she's not always necessarily very hungry but she'll eat a bit (usually at least 3 ounces) and that way we establish a feeding schedule for the day. For her naps we still let her go to sleep in our arms (unless she goes to sleep in the swing) but after she's asleep we put her down. If she wakes up than we play, if she stays asleep she can sleep as long as she likes (unless it's late evening of course). This has dramatically decreased the amount of sleep she's getting during the day but she doesn't seem overly tired which is good. Because of the morning bottle she's in a 4 hour pattern of eating and eats before bed, so her bedtime is a bit later, but she sleeps better. Anyways it's worked so far, keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps it up. Her parents need their sleep :rofl:

Hope it continues to work for you honey! You are right, parents need their sleep :)

Hope it continues :) XXX

hope it continues to work hun u need a break x

Fingers crossed.

This is our solution to the sleep problem. I have been going to bed at 8:30 or 9 in my husband's office at the front of the house. We put Bren down in our room at the back. DH will take care of him till midnight or if he wakes up later, then he comes and gets me and I take over till morning. I have been getting a good 3-4 hours before he wakes me up and Bren has then been sleeping another 3-4 hours straight. OH MY GOD, it has really helped us all.

Fingers crossed.

This is our solution to the sleep problem. I have been going to bed at 8:30 or 9 in my husband's office at the front of the house. We put Bren down in our room at the back. DH will take care of him till midnight or if he wakes up later, then he comes and gets me and I take over till morning. I have been getting a good 3-4 hours before he wakes me up and Bren has then been sleeping another 3-4 hours straight. OH MY GOD, it has really helped us all.

:hug: That's great. You've had a tougher time of it than me....Hannah slept relatively well until very recently. And one week nearly killed me, don't know how you've managed it for so long tbh :hugs:

Fingers crossed hun...Hope it keeps working! xx

:hugs:
Here's to some loooong night of sleep for you three!

Don't know if this will be of any help to you, but Jack will usually only go to sleep in my arms, & will usually wake up the instant I put him down in his cot, so during the daytime I have been laying him on a cushion on the settee, a big one under his head & body then another under his legs, so he is level, then I put one to the side of him tucked under the other two to stop him rolling off & some on the floor just incase. He has been sleeoing for up to 1 &1/2hrs like this which is great as he normally only manages 45 mins max in his chair. I also find that if he wakes soon after going off to sleep, if I rock him back , he will actually sleep a little longer. If I leave him up he will get overtired & make sleeping even harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->