Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
:happydance::happydance:

Been engaged for a little over three years now but I've been putting off any "serious" planning until we had our venues sorted, and as of last Tuesday, they are sorted :yipee:

So now begins the mad panic...someone, please, tell me what I gotta do??? :lol:

:happydance: Congratulations! I haven't a clue what to do either lol... just started my planning, heck I don't even have a set date yet :haha:

Our date has been set ages. People couldn't understand why we hadn't started planning yet :lol: I seriously don't know what to do first now. I know I'm gonna forget something :/

lol Me too! We've been engaged since 2006/July and I have just started!
I have never realized how much there was to wedding planning lol!

Congratulations! We've been engaged for a while now and have only just chosen a date and venue! I've been told the next thing to book after the venue is the photographer... good luck!

Oh really?? Eek. Not even looked at photographers!!

Already had out first major mishap. Our ceremony venue have applied for a government grant for some major remodelling and we won't know if they've been successful until end of this year!! We have a back up, but this venue is our dream venue, and as selfish as it is, I really hope they don't get the grant :lol:

I had a photographer lined up but she stopped doing weddings :( I don't think she will make an exception for me either, which sucks!

Hope you get to have your wedding at your dream venue hun! x

So planning on doin the save the date cards this weekend. Or at least a irat draft of them. But when should you send them out?? Is it a year before, or 6 months, or what? Helllp :(

So planning on doin the save the date cards this weekend. Or at least a irat draft of them. But when should you send them out?? Is it a year before, or 6 months, or what? Helllp :(

I think it's a year, but I'm not 100% sure

I have no idea, but a year sounds good to me, especially for those who would have to travel :)

Why can I not get into the swing of this??? I have a billion ideas whirring around in my head but there always seems to be 'something' making me put it off. Like now, I am on holiday, so I've been putting the planning off until after the holiday. And before this I had been putting it off until we'd booked the venue. I just need a good kick up the bum and get going!!! :( And some less flakey BMs :(

First Congrats on starting to plan :D hope all is well and if you are still stuck on what you need to do i have a list on my wedding planning thread on here if you would like it :D

thank you thank you thank you!!!

totally stolen this from your journal now :lol:

To Do List
Dress - Done
Bridesmaid dresses – 1 done, 1 having hers made - both chosen individual dresses
Flower Girl Dress -
Groom suit –
Groomsmen suits –
Flower girl basket -
Ring cushion/box - MIL making
Veil, Tiara, Hair piece -Veil done
Jewellry - Necklace done, need earrings
Shoes -
Rings -
Garter -
Sexy lingerie -
Cufflinks/shoes for groom -
Fragrances -

Ceremony location - Done
Reception location - Done
Registrar - Done
Photographer –Done
DJ/Band -
Cake - provisionally done
Hair -
Makeup -
Flowers - MIL doing
Accommodation night before and night of -
Cars -
Figure out guest list - Done
Save the dates - Done
Invitations -
Place cards -
Seating chart -
Menu -
Thank you cards -

Decorations for ceremony -
Centerpieces for reception - in progress
Decorations for reception -
Car decorations -
Guestbook and pen - Included with the photographer
Confetti -
Cake topper -
Kids entertainment for reception -
Bon bons/favours -
Photo props IE parasols -
Bridemaids survival kits - Ongoing

Music for ceremony/reception - Ongoing
Dance lessons -
Write speeches/Vows -
Readings/Poems for ceremony -
Photo locations -
Ask people to be MC/Do readings/Give you away -
Gifts (BM's/GM's/Parents) -
Hens/Stag night -
Dress alterations -
Honeymoon –
Honey moon lingerie & clothes –
List of all vendors phone numbers - give a copy to MOH –
Emergency bag –
Get nails done -
A BRAZILLIAN –
Tan -

Bridal Party
MOH - Done -
Best Man -Done
BM - Done
GM - done

sooooooo, yeah, I've got LOTS to do! haha :wacko:

I think the next thing is to finalise our guest list. Once that is done we can plan and send save the date cards and start agreeing times and things with the venues. eek!

Just went completely against what the MIL "told" me to do and have ordered some 'Save the Date' cards :lol: She can shove that up her arse and deal with it (of course I wont actually tell her i've done it though coz I am a teeny bit scared of her :rofl:)!!

This is where you all tell me STD cards are not the 'done thing' anymore and none of you are doing them.....?

Dinner be silly STD to me are important. Some folk need to book days off a year in advance so it's a very useful thing. I'm doing them,doing wee magnets so that folk can pop them on their fridges and will remind them not to go booking holidays then(wedding is September so it can be a popular time for holidays)

Ps don't let anyone try and dictate what you should or shouldn't do,it's your day so it's your choice:thumbup:

we are having them and we are sending them out one to one and a half years before our wedding i think they are something people should do even more so if you have people who have to travel to get there because they will need to book time of work make travel arrangement's find somewhere to stay ect. we are sending ours out so early as a family member of mine has to see lots of doctors and some times is booked in for a year before she sees them

Oh gosh, MadameJ, you can expect a lot of ranty "MIL" posts in this journal. She's an interferring cow :lol:

I'm so glad you two are doing them. I was gonna send them just under a year before the wedding. my brother and SIL live in Sweden and my friends like their holidays so to me, it was quite an important thing. But MIL says "I've never received anything like that...are you sure they even exist...dont waste your time, just tell people to their faces!!!" :rolleyes:

Iv been a bit sneaky. Iv ordered business cards from vista print as the STD cards. 250 cards for £5 (including postage)!! Gonna get some blank greeting cards, print our own image on the front, and send them out like that. Depending on price, was going to get some of that magnetic sheet stuff you can buy and cut that up to turn the business cards into magnets :thumbup: that way they can either pin in to a notice board or whack it on their fridge :)

DIY FTW :lol:

Oh gosh, MadameJ, you can expect a lot of ranty "MIL" posts in this journal. She's an interferring cow :lol:

I'm so glad you two are doing them. I was gonna send them just under a year before the wedding (so after May 24th this year). Our wedding is a Friday plus my brother and SIL live in Sweden and my friends like their holidays so to me, it was quite an important thing. But MIL says "I've never received anything like that...are you sure they even exist...dont waste your time, just tell people to their faces!!!" :rolleyes:

Iv been a bit sneaky. Iv ordered business cards from vista print as the STD cards. 250 cards for £5 (including postage)!! Gonna get some blank greeting cards, print our own image on the front, and send them out like that. Depending on price, was going to get some of that magnetic sheet stuff you can buy and cut that up to turn the business cards into magnets :thumbup: that way they can either pin in to a notice board or whack it on their fridge :)

DIY FTW :lol:

Tell people to there face haha was she going to pay for the travel to Sweden so you could tell your brother to his face as well lol sorry i just found that bit a little funny. my mum came up with a grate idea for ours as we are sending them out that early she said to do a calender and on each month put like 10 months to go until our wedding :D but im not sure what we will do just yet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->