Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

Well my 'save the date' cards arrived :muaha:

Will try and get a pic up later x

I don't even want to think about the guest list... Ugh

we finalised ours today :happydance: In a bit of a tiz about registrar fees now though coz I seriously underbudgeted on them!! didn't realise they were so expensive just for having your wedding somewhere other than the registry office :wacko:

:wave:

Hey Aly! I am gettign married a few months after you so planning is at a similar stage atm. We are getting married on the 31st August, and I have no idea what I will need to get done between now and then or when!

Who knew it would actually be so much hard work!

I am also definitely doing save the date cards, they are the done thing!

Heyyyy how are ya chick? My WTT journal took a proper nose dive. Fingers crossed this one doesn't do the same. Haha

Ooh yay for 2013 weddings :happydance: Steal the list I stol. It's really useful as a tick list. Everytime I complete something I edit the post so it's marked off the list :)

In wedding news, need to see how my bouquet is going to work and finish these STD cards. Iv had a plan for the cake topper too, but again depends how arty I can (be bothered to) be :lol: in my head it looks great. In reality it'd probably look cack. Lol xx

I'm still at nothing lol... I need $$ to book the venue and I need to book someone to marry us.. hell I don't even know how to do that LOL then need to get sh*t going! I feel like I do not have enough time in the day anymore to plan anything lol

I'm flipping out. Still no idea where we are actually getting married. If we cant have our chosen venue (due to renovations) then is it really worth shelling out for a ceremony at our reception venue? Don't mind spending the £££'s for our dream venue but I don't feel right spending the same for not our dream venue iykwim? So the toss up now is do we save the cash and just get married in the registry office (really not what we wanted to do) and just go somewhere local for nice photographs, or still spend the money and have it all in one place (the reception venue)?! *headache*
Of course, there is still a (slim) chance that we might be able to have our dream venue :shrug:

The next stress is booking the registrar! My local council website is shite. Shite for everything!! It gives no real answers. I think I'll be calling them tomorrow to find out what the deal is :lol:

Hi y'all :)
We think we've settled on a ceremony venue now. Just need to meet with them to go over the finer details etc and then we can confirm our booking with the registrar/give notice :happydance:
As you'll see from my to do list further up I still haven't got much further with anything else, but it's getting there. Waiting for some samples to arrive for invites etc and had an idea for the wedding cake that I need to test out. Really need to get cracking on the bouquet though!

Had a baby shower yesterday for a girl at work, and iv been earmarked as the next one to be pregnant...before the wedding :wacko:

And iv ordered some different STD cards :lol: I am so indecisive, plus, the wedding website has changed so needed to update that bit. Will post a picture when they arrive :thumbup:

Ceremony venue booked
Reception venue booked
Registrar booked

Even if everything else gets forgotten, at least we'll have somewhere to get married and someone to marry us, which is all I care about :happydance:

Our STD cards (which still haven't been sent out)

Still not done anything else. Now I know why people pay other people to do all their wedding planning for them :lol: Trying to get DF to start looking at suits...he's not playing ball though :(

Kinda feel like the planning has stalled :( really struggling with a photographer. Don't know if I'm being too fussy or what, but the only ones I like are totally out of price range :(
Did anyone else have this when choosing photographer? I don't know what to do. Feel like we shouldn't compromise on photos but also can't afford to go all out on them like I want to :cry:

Found a photographer :happydance: This is his website here Matt Heath
Feel so much better knowing that all the biggies are nearly sorted. Want to get rings next but we can't agree on style :dohh: Do they have to match?

Quite liking how the "to do" list at the beginning of this journal is starting to fill up to :)

Went to meet with the photographer this afternoon. He is perfect. So happy :)

Then went to the future in laws and they gave me a list of people that we "should" invite. Theyve already been verbally inviting people so we kinda have no choice but to invite them now. Is that normal?? How to I tell them to 'eff off' politely!? :dohh:

Ohh just seen your journal now, seen as though we seem to follow each other around Im deffo stalking :haha:

My MIL tried to say that her friends were invited and she had told them and they were so excited etc etc, I told her out right no, she then went through OH who said yes to 'save a argument with her' which caused a massive one with us! They next time she brought it up I said no way, they can come to the evening (anyone's basically invited haha) and OH backed me up! Just put your foot down seriously, or say that it's full to capacity or something! :)

Haha what is it with in-laws? My parents wouldn't dream of inviting their friends without asking me first, and even if they did I'd still say no. Just bugs me coz they know that we're trying to keep numbers low and they try to tell us where else to cut corners etc (according to them we don't "need" a photographer :wacko:). Gah. Stuck with them I guess :lol:

Contract from the photographer is through. Just to sign it and send it back with our deposit and that's that booked and sorted :)
Trying to sort bridesmaid dresses but it's harrrrd. One BM is currently in Marbella and the other is always so busy. Might just tell them what dresses they have to wear. Maybe this is why BMs don't choose their own dresses traditionally :lol:

Can't believe how quick it's going. Eek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->