Done... I 'AM' Mrs K!!

I don't know really. I've not had it out for a few months :wacko: Im hoping I can get away with just a couple more little bits to it but we will see :shrug:

I don't feel organised Emmy :lol:

Oh yeah, and I'm off out tonight with my office from work as my final 'send off' into the married world :lol: And then I've got to come home and dye my hair! Haha. Rock and roll :lol:

Have a good night (and I don't mean dying your hair :haha:)

How long left now ?

Wellll, last year I went blonde, and since then I've been leaving it to grow out back to my natural colour. Just after Xmas I dyed it darker and managed to accidentally bodge an 'ombré' style :lol: but as the dye faded the line between 'blonde' and 'natural' became more obvious again. So, last week I dyed it dark blonde (my natural colour) but because bottle dyes are essentially shit, the blonde ends ended up with a green tinge to them. Bottle dyes have green dye in them! When I dyed it dark after Xmas my hairdresser told me she could tell it was DIY because of the green tinge. But it was sooo discreet no-one could notice. But this time because the dye wasn't as dark a colour, the green was way more obvious...oops!
So, with not wanting green hair for my wedding, I decided to go red (red counteracts green), so now, I have a head full of light auburn hair :happydance:

We did it!!!

Was easily one of the best days of my life. It was such an amazing day and I am truly overwhelmed by the generosity and well wishes from all our friends and family.

The day went (almost) perfectly. Started with my LO sleeping in when I was relying on her to have me up early :lol: I did all my own hair and makeup which I was so glad about. The photographer was fantastic. He took test shots of my face so I could see how my makeup looked on screen and whether I needed to apply more etc. He was fab.

I then got a phone call (which my MOH took for me coz I was applying eye shadow :lol:) in the morning from the guy doing all our music set up to say he didn't have a mixer we needed. Que me huffing and puffing and barking instructions at my MOH to ring OH to get him to collect one off a sound a lighting company who are next door to his workshop (this company don't do weddings...they do things like Leeds and Reading festival!!). We were already borrowing two CDJs and some lighting off them so thankfully they were fine with a mixer too. Phew. Thank goodness my husband gets on with his work neighbours :lol:

After that the rest of the morning was fine. OH got me a beautiful necklace as my gift and I felt bad not wearing it, but I had decided at the beginning that I was wearing a necklace that used to be my grandmas :(
I then turned up at the venue early, and the OH turned up late, so we ended up arriving at the same time :haha: My brother was driving me and my dad (we ended up in a lovely Mercedes ML350 in the end which was better than the BMW 5 series I was expecting...much easier to get into :lol:) so we made him drive around the side and wait 5 minutes whilst my MOH shouted at OH and got him smuggled away. Haha
The ceremony was perfect. My mum made me cry. I was fine until we turned to walk out and I saw her bawling :rolleyes:
The weather was pants, but the ceremony venue people were fantastic and they rearranged their bar area (despite being open to the public for lunches!!) so that we could have our formal photos inside in front of their fireplace :thumbup:

When we arrived at the reception venue everything was amazing. It looked fantastic. It was still pissing down with rain though so our 'slow paced and relaxed' day that was meant to be filled with garden games and more family photos turned into everyone being crammed into the marquee trying to keep warm :lol: And then the heating broke!! My MOH was straight on it and the venue again were fantastic and got it fixed (after two emergency engineers and a replacement unit!).

Oh, and remember the drama with my brother and my nephews? And he didn't/wouldn't reply to my texts and messages? Yeah, so, we'd planned for it to be just him, and 10 minutes after we arrived he announced that his two boys were being dropped off in 10 minutes :wacko: Ok, not a problem. We told him there are no seats for them and he was fine with that. Then, shock horror, the SIL dropped them off dressed in just their casual jeans, t-shirts and trainers...well, I just flipped. I got my new husband to tell him to call my SIL and get her back to pick them up. My brother couldnt/wouldnt so he took the boys and loaded them into the car and was going to leave without so much as a word to me!!!!! My dad stopped him and I told my brother a few home truths :lol: In the end the three of them stayed :thumbup:

Erm, other minor dramas...I forgot my 'flats' but luckily had packed socks into my bridesmaids survival kits so I stole one of them back and was in socks most of the early evening. I put my heels back on though in the late evening when I changed into my party dress :happydance: And I didn't wear my garter :hissy: After all that stressing over wanting one that I liked and wasn't satin etc and I forgot to even put it on. Haha! And I forgot to give my mum her corsage thingy so had to make an emergency phone call to my brother who was still at my dads, but because he was at my dads he wouldn't answer the phone, but I kept ringing and he got the hint so I got him to bring it to the reception venue :lol: Then told him off for being late because he should have already left by that time anyway. Haha

But anyway, after that, all was fantastic. We didn't choose our first dance song until about an hour before we actually danced to it :lol: and I hadn't told my dad that we were having a father/daughter dance and I had chosen a song by one of his favourite bands so he was chuffed to bits with that :blush:

The whole evening ended at about midnight. We had some cracking music. Having my friend DJ was without a doubt the best option because I had complete control over the playlist...there was a bit of effing and jeffing in there that I worried about but I justified it with "I'm the bride...I'll do what I want" :haha: I am absolutely shattered. My HUSBAND is absolutely shattered. My feet are absolutely broken. But I'd do it all again if I could :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/D342AE9F-B73B-459E-A1E1-81151845FA8D-4325-000003DB79E75052.jpg

Oh and the 'wed-libs' were sooo funny to read this morning. Those of you who are doing them will not regret it, I promise.
And for the kids, as a last minute decision I decided to give the age 3+ kids a disposable camera each...they went mad for it. I've never seen a group of kids so excited and preoccupied by the simplest of thing...the cameras are all full of pictures of the kids taking pictures because they kept standing in front of each other to take photos at the same time :lol: But it kept them happy. Haha

Sounds amazing, sorry there was some drama. You look so beautiful :cloud9:

Firstly woooo congratulations Mrs K! How amazing! I was sure your wedding was further away. It all sounds so amazing and there wasn't too much drama! How was MIL? Xxx

I seriously thought you had longer too :dohh: sorry about the little bits of drama during the day, but am glad it was still one of the best days of your life

But ohhhh gosh you looked amazing, soooooo pretty :D

Now I'm off to google what "wed-libs" are :rofl:

Lol Emmy, "wed-libs" are the wedding madlibs. I know a few of us were doing them. Lauren definitely is, and I think Laura (Laura&Faith) is too. They are so funny. I knew our friends would make the most of them. Haha

Thanks girls. I felt pretty amazing on the day too if I'm honest :lol:

MIL drove me nutty. From the very second I walked into the ceremony venue she was calling over the balcony (I was downstairs in the bar and the upstairs has a mezzanine) to ask if I had the ring pillow :dohh: Then all day she just kept hassling me and asking me questions. She couldn't just go with it. I was quite rude to her really but I just wanted to enjoy my day :shrug:

Did you swear at her? If not, well done! I quite hate my MIL at the month, I wanna spit in her face and that's vile but that's how I feel about her recently! I'm having the mad libs too - did you get the free printables that me and lauren are having? Xx

Wow she sounds so ridiculous and childish. My MIL is driving me to insanity right now but if she tried it on my wedding day I think I would murder her. Did you use the ring pillow in the end?

Oh I wasn't outwardly rude to her. I just kept ignoring her or if I saw her heading my way I would turn and walk away or grab someone to talk to :lol: We did use the ring pillow but didn't have LO carry it. She carried the sign and the best man had the pillow. I don't think that's what MIL had in mind but tough.
Seriously girls, don't let MILs (or anyone) try and ruin your day. It's YOUR day and you will be forgiven for not putting up with any crap. There will be so many people for you to give your attentions to that if anyone is being a nuisance you can pretty successfully ignore them.

MummyMay, I did my own, of course :lol: I haven't got a picture of them but I've got a couple of spare ones that I rescued from the day. I will take a picture (and of the 'I Spy' on the back) and post it later :)

I think you done very well with your MIL, if i had to put up with her i think i would have went up to the balcony and pushed her off :rofl:

Cant wait to do the mad libs now, i hope people take part!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->