Donor egg due to bad quality egg?

Stacergirl, good news that things are moving forward for you. We're going to Greece and they chose our donor. We got a close match to me but I wasn't too worried because my DH has a mediterranean look so all dark features which is usually the stronger gene. We wanted someone with a similar interests and a good education but again I agree with 2have and think interests can be nurtured. In terms of blood groups, I am pretty sure this is only important if you don't plan on telling your child/children of their origin.

I think any women that donates their eggs must have a good heart and if my child/children develop that quality I will be happy.

Good luck with the searching, I cant imagine its easy having to find a suitable donor yourself.

:flower:

Hi there ladies! I just wanted to let you know that we have chosen our donor egg!!!! Eek! We got access to the site last Friday and there were only 9 donors that met our eye/hair/ethnicity specifications. Of those 9, one stood out bc she had dimples like me and one of her childhood photos looked like one of mine. Then I read her entire history, they gave me a lot of information!! Medical history of her and her entire family, height/weight/complexion/bone size of her and her entire family, her interests, hobbies, education level, career, number of children as well as their hair/eye/complexion, number of times she's donated before and her outcomes, and so much more! I was impressed. And the more I read about this donor, the more things in common we had. It was almost strange! We have s lot of the same interests, hobbies favorite books, music, career, etc. plus the dimples was a huge plus. Of course I agree that interests can be nurtured but since our looks were pretty close, this was just icing on the cake! Had this donor not been available, I don't think I would've made such a quick decision! But the program coordinator says the donors are added just as quickly as they are removed and to act fast. I think I did enough research and thinking about this to feel confident in my choice! I'm excited but nervous! My dh is deployed so I'll be doing this alone, no one knows we're using Ivf or donor so I'm hoping my due date won't throw people Off, I will have had 1 cycle between when I last saw my husband and when I'll have the transfer. But babies come when they're ready and EDD get changed based on ultrasounds, etc. so if people start to question I'll just say we used iui with his frozen sperm bc we didn't want to wait to get pregnant when he returns.

Anyways, I wanted to thank you all for all of your input and help. You definitely have me perspectives from all angles and things to think about that led us to this decision! I know 2 of you will be delivering soon so please keep me posted on those outcomes!

Pinkie-that's awesome you found a donor and are on your wAy! Keep us posted pn how things go! I'd love to hear about your journey! And wow Greece, that's awesome! I didn't think i would have wanted to pick my own donor but now that I've had the opportunity to see what donors were available I'm glad I was able to!

Stacergirl that's really exciting news, it's so reassuring when these things click isn't it? My fingers & toes are crossed for quick and positive outcomes. Do keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->