Dont know how to approach this with OH...please help.

Can you have someone to look after your LO? If you are referring to New York City in the U.S., i do not think it is really a family friendly place anyhow.

I wouldn't be happy as I wouldn't understand why he wouldn't wan to spend the money on a family friendly holiday which you can all enjoy and spend some time together? I'd have to talk to him if I were you and explainyorfeelings towards it.

I guess it depends on your relationship, but this just wouldn't happen in our home.

Would your OH be alright if you received this money and did as he is doing? If so, then that's maybe how you guys operate, which is fine. But I would talk to him about how you are feeling.

why can't he save the money for his next time off (after June?), i assume he will have some breaks within the rest of the year? if he held on to it you could go on a late honeymoon and lo will be older and if you went later in the year it would also be cheaper, that's what i'd do anyway.

I wouldn't be happy and there would be no way my OH would be going! Some of my OHs friends are going to Portugal for a week in the summer and OH asked me to go and I told him No way, he said he knew he just thought he'd try and that's not 2 weeks before we're getting married!

My husband pays all the bills too but if he took his friend to New York and not me I'd actually be fuming :blush:

Eta I'd be very surprised if it only costs him £1500 aswell

:cry: Would you just get over it and let him go?

Nope. You're getting married. It's not just about him anymore, it's about both of you, together. If he has the money to take his friend on vacation then he has the money to take you on a proper honeymoon. I think he's being selfish.

I would be devastated if DH did something like that. I would speak to him, I think it's quite selfish especially with your wedding!

I would be gutted if that was my dh. I don't mind him going on holiday with his mates if we've had a holiday together that year, but def not at the expense of our time together and especially not our honeymoon!!

Although I do appreciate that he got this money through his hard work and achievement and in an ideal world it should be his to spend as he sees fit, having said that.....You are his Fiancee and Mother to his child so he should value your partnership and the support you have given him over his friend. I think you are justified to feel hurt that he would chose to spend his money on his friend rather than your upcoming wedding.

If it was my OH, for a start I don't think it would even cross his mind to go on holiday without me, but if he did I'd straight up tell him how selfish he was being.:devil: Obviously how you personally would broach it with your OH depends on your relationship but if you are worried about approaching the subject with him, I'd tell him so and just explain how hurt you are by his priorities, hopefully that would be enough to make him see sense.

Hope you get it sorted hun - good luck:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->