Don't know what else I can do!! Argh

sherlock

Reaction score
It's been 12 weeks since my MMC and ERPC - with no period, so one cycle - and I *think* I finally ovulated 12 days ago (using OPKs).

We used conceive plus (which we used for the first time the cycle I got pregnant) and because of that, and the fact that I have all these 'more fertile after a miscarriage' thoughts swirling round in my head, I thought (hoped) that I might get pregnant again.

It looks like that hasn't happened. My stomach has swelled up and last night I had bad cramps / period pain. Nothing has appeared yet, but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time and AF will hit before the weekend.

I sat and cried last night. I can't believe that in 3 months I have had only one chance to get pregnant. In our year of trying before MMC I only had 5 cycles, due to PCOS causing a lack of / delayed ovulation.

I just don't see what else I can do. I've been taking vitamins for a year and a half now, and hubby has been taking his properly for 3 months. I'm eating really really healthily - lots of fruit and veg, wholegrains, seeds and nuts. I've given up potatoes, and rarely eat white bread. I've stopped drinking caffeine - now have decaf tea - and have lowered my sugar intake - no sugar in my tea, virtually no sweets, virtually no chocolate etc. I've stopped drinking soft drinks. I've also been taking Apimist (royal jelly, bee pollen, bee propolis and honey) for 3 months and I've started running.

None of this has done me any good whatsoever. I don't need to lose weight, and am doing all of the above in an attempt to help my PCOS and regulate my cycles and kick start ovulation. But it just isn't working.

The fertility clinic (who I was referred to before I fell pregnant and who I have seen since my MMC) have said that all they'll do is follicle tracking, and that I don't need clomid (even though my private consultant recommended it) as I 'got pregnant last time and will do again'. My CBFM is basically a follicle tracker - I just want to ovulate more than once in 3 months!!

What's even more pants is that I emailed my private consultant about private treatment after the fertility clinic told me this, and we're going to start clomid privately, but she's just gone on holiday for 2 weeks, so if my period shows up now then we'll have to wait for my next cycle - which could be another 3 months away.

I feel really rubbish today - can't stop thinking about bubs and where he / I should be right now, and we're not. I can't believe that 3 months on I still have nothing. I think I'm going to end up crying in the toilets at work again today - haven't done that for a while, but then haven't felt this down for a while either.

Sorry for the long-winded and self-indulgent post, but I just needed to vent and I knew you ladies would understand.

Oh Sherlock you poor thing :hugs:
I'm afraid I can't give you any advise on long cycles. But I do know how you feel and can understand the feeling of wanting to run into the toilets to cry ( I've done that at work many times )

I regularly have days when I feel rubbish and I wonder if it's ever going to happen for me again. Don't focus on the future, just try and get yourself through today as best you can. When i'm having a crap day, I try to do things THAT DAY that cheer me up. For me its something like buying a new handbag, pair of shoes, or having a chinese and a bottle of wine cuddled up on the sofa with OH. I wish I could come to your work and give you a big cuddle and tell you that you'll be ok, but talking to you on here will have to do lol.

Keep your mind busy with something else today as at the minute there's nothing you can do without your consultant and before AF shows up.
Maybe plan a romantic evening in with the OH this evening, think of things that you want to do i.e - what you want for dinner, a movie that you could both watch. Try treating yourself when you're feeling down... like relaxing your eating plan for an evening, or enjoy a cup of regular coffee, just anything that might cheer you up this evening.

And remember, we're all pretty much in the same boat and are here to talk and listen when you need to vent, cry, bitch, etc etc

Look after yourself xoxo

Honey, I don't know what to say. I just want to give you a big cuddle :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"