Dont know what to do about my name change?

booker1981

Expecting # 2
Reaction score
Ive changed my name by depole and have told my bank, was going to let my doctors and hospital know monday but do you think i should just wait till baby is born. Im having a section in 3 weeks and i just dont want to confuse the hospital this close to my due date.

What would you guys do?

I'm changing all mine before baby is born, don't want to have a different name on birth certificate!!!! That would be much more of a hassle in my opinion

I'm changing all mine before baby is born, don't want to have a different name on birth certificate!!!! That would be much more of a hassle in my opinion

Thing is its already been changed so baby will have the same name as me when we register her birth but i dont know whether to let hospital know? Im paranoid they will get all my notes mixed up or something?

I changed mine half way throught last time (i was 7 months preggers going up the aisle). No confusion at hospital but we tend to carry our maternity notes with us in the uk.

I think 3 weeks is plenty of time for them to fix your notes and think its good if you tell them.

I've just done the same thing. I changed my name by deed poll and it went into effect from 1st January. I was going to wait until baby was born since it was so close, but my midwife said that when the baby is born, they automatically give it the last name of the mother. And since my last name was still that of my ex-husband, my fiance was REALLY uncomfortable with that, so I told the hospital at my last appointment. It literally took two seconds for them to change it on the system and print out new labels for my notes. :)

I'd definitely do what the other ladies have suggested & change it with the hospital /doctors now. When I got married I just showed a copy of my certificate to the hospital & doctors & they changed the name on all my notes & on their database immediately. :thumbup:

Ok great, i will go into my surgery this morning then. Thank you everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->