Don't know where else to post this

Xpecta

Reaction score
I'm like 3-4 days late and I'm feeling angry! I'm leaving to Cuba in 5 days, and my period was supposed to be done on the 2nd or so, and it hasn't started yet! There is a possibility I could be pregnant because I miscalculated my ovulation and did the deed unprotected. Either way, I'm feeling kinda bummed because I'm either going to have my period in Cuba, or I'm pregnant and won't be able to have any drinks while I'm there.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting this.... I think I'm just looking for support right now. I'm planning on taking a test this weekend if it doesn't show up.

Hi! I wouldn't wait till the weekend to test I'd test now if I was you and put yourself out of misery! If your period is late already and your pregnant it would show up on a test by now. You may of ovualted later than you thought and af might show up in a day or two. Do you have anymore pregnancy symptoms?

I would test. and you can have a drink or two. You just can't get drunk. the fetus at this point is not getting any of its nourishment from your blood so nothing you ingest at this point is going to the baby. It isn't until close to the end of the first trimester that the umbilical cord is fully formed and functioning. This is not an excuse to get loaded but there have been thousands (maybe millions) of women who never know they are pregnant until weeks late and have drank with no ill consequences.

This is a personal choice of course. Some abstain all together while ttc. but I don't think nursing a glass of wine with dinner is going to do anything at all. But like I said, not an excuse to go hog wild on the Mai Tai's. :haha:

Yeah.... I guess I'll buy a test today. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I've been wanting another baby so bad, but every time I think I might be, AF shows up right away. So this time I convinced myself that there iS something else wrong. Plus I'm scared because my mom will not be happy that I'm pregnant again.

Anyways, no. I don't really have any symptoms. Yesterday I had random cramps that would come and go, but I thought it was because my period should be here. And this morning I'm feeling a bit queasy because again, no show AF, so my mind is starting to get tricked haha.

Agreed, def test. Sorry you feel kind of crappy about this and the timing... Either way, you're pregnant and can start to get excited about it which will make for a fun time away, or you're not, you can enjoy your drinks and hopefully your period will be winding down by the time you get there. Make sure you pack meds so you don't have to suffer through it too much if you do end up getting your period! That would NOT help :(

Good luck <3

Like the others said, I'd definitely test--if anything, to put your mind at ease....and if for some reason you get a false negative, Aayla is right--a drink or two won't be harmful to your child at this stage. Bazillions of women have done who knows what when they didn't come close to thinking they were preggo--and had healthy babies.

...and just in case, don't forget your Midol ;)

Took a test. Negative, but still no period. (tmi->) Loads of discharge though. I'm confused. Oh well. I guess just risk it? I got drunk a couple times before I realized I was pregnant with my first born, but still. I'd like to know what's going on...

Unless you go for a blood test to be sure.

Wow.... I just read what I wrote in my last post. I kinda sounded like a cow. I dont want to risk it. I just dont know what to do. Any time I get my hopes up like this for another pregnancy, it end up being nothing. I just didn't want to get my hopes up again. I thought of getting a blood test done. Maybe this weeked. I just hope I can find time before Cuba.

How common are false negatives?

False negatives are quite common. Some women don't get positives until they are more than a week pregnant. Amd there is even a tv show called "I Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant." All about how women didn't know until they were giving birth. That isn't quite as common but it does happen.

I would get a blood test just to be sure. It will put your mind at ease either way. Otherwise you are going to spend you vacation wondering and questioning everything you ingest.

I used to love that show!! Never understood how they couldn't tell until then.... Then again, I was young at the time. I understand a bit more now. Yeah... I should go for a blood test. I'll try tomorrow.

Um, you don't sound like a cow--and false negatives are common--I happen to be friends with a, healthy mama who was 6 months along--found out she was preggo and the gender all in one fell swoop! And recently there was a 47 year old in MA (I think) who went in for a tummyache and went home with a daughter...no joke.

MAN--I wish our bodies could have one, solid definitive sign of :bfp:--not waiting for tests or even our periods--just "YUP--YOU CAUGHT THAT EGG, MAMA!"...yes, my imagination gets away with me at times...lol:blush:

That would be so wonderful! I so badly wish that was the case. I'm wondering if it's something up with my thyroid maybe... I'm going to see a doctor today. I can't go to Cuba wondering like this.

So, they wouldn't give me a blood test, but they did another urine test, and said it was negative. They said that if I were pregnant at this point it would show up. Oh well. I guess it's just stress.

...well, that could be the case...but then again, maybe not. If your doc won't do a blood test, all that can be done now is wait--and trust me, I do NOT say that lightly!!!!

Ugh, sorry....

Just an update. I'm back from Cuba, and my period finally showed up.... 15 days late, in Cuba ON VALENTINES DAY!!! WTF?! Oh well. We don't really celebrate it anyways. I just couldn't believe it. So that's that. Thanks all for talking through it with me.

Hi Xpecta,
In case you might be pregnant, and in light of the Zika virus spreading in the Caribbean, you might want to carefully consider whether you actually want to go to Cuba. As far as I know, Cuba hasn't officially declared the presence of Zika virus yet but they have been known to cover up cholera and dengue fever in the past in order to protect their tourism industry and I wouldn't be surprised if Zika-virus is in fact present in Cuba now. It has been linked to birth defects and pregnant women are advised against visiting countries on the Zika virus list.

Oh, sorry, I just saw your post that you're back and got your AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->