Doppler advice!

clacko

Reaction score
Hey ladies.

I have my Doppler sat looking at me and although I know I probably wouldn't find anything this early (8 weeks tomorrow) I wondered what gel
You all use? In my previous pregnancies I bought ultrasound gel from
eBay but my sister in law borrowed it and used it all so now I don't have anything :-(

say can use baby oil or lotions but i think ultrasound gel is best esp when so early on too x

Ultrasound gel, it's 2.99 delivered off eBay! X

I ran out one time and went to the drugstore down the road and got cheap aloe gel...worked great. I used some oil based lotions and products and found I got more interference and fuzz sound so stuck with aloe. :thumbup:

Aloe vera gel is very similar in consistency to the ultrasound goo, and from my experience works just as well.

Aloe gel works the best for me! Found dd at 8+6 and this lo at 8+2! GL!

I use ultrasound gel. I found my baby's HB at 8+6 so you might not have to wait too much longer :)

Hey sweets :hi:

I actually cracked my doppler out the other day :blush: I knew full well I wouldn't hear anything :haha: I heard the woosh woosh of the amniotic fluid and placenta though <3

I use the US gel off ebay too :) Xx

I'm glad it's not just me that's already wanting to try. I might have a go with some lube or gel see what I hear. I'm 8 weeks today but from scan baby is measuring 7 weeks. I might have a little listen later. Doubtful I'll hear anything.

Baby measured 7mm on Wednesday, did anyone know how big there baby measured around the time they heard baby xx

I have no idea! Although puddin was measuring 6.2mm on Tuesday if that helps :haha: I know they grow a mm a day now

Wow I never knew that. Our little beans must be measuring the same then, mine was 7mm on Wednesday lol x

Yeah :haha: they put me at 6+2 and you at 6+4 but there's only like 0.8 mm in it how does that make sense!? :haha:

We're so gonna end up due date buddies... I'm sticking with my dates, I don't care what they say!

I said to the epu mw I AM NOT 6+2 if I was that would mean that I had gotten a positive pregnancy tests at five days past ovulation and you and I know that's impossible :rofl: should have seen her face!

They make you laugh don't they. My first scan I was less than 5 weeks then second scan a week later I was 6+4 lol x

Well I decided to have a little go with my Doppler and I think iv found baby :)

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/Mobile%20Uploads/image-41.jpg

Hmmm I would expect to see upward of 130 hun. Don't mean to pee on ur fire but that could be the placenta or feedback from your main arteries...

It took me forever to find Archie at 8+3... I found him super low down in the middle right almost on my pubic bone :)

Was deff heart beat, it went up to 138 but I didn't have my phone at that point and then Doppler wasn't picking it properly when I had my phone ready. Deff sounded like baby x

Awww amazing <3 I have to go have a little listen in now :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->