Doppler - heartbeat??

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok I got my doppler fully understood that I need not get worried etc but wanted to play with new toy & hear my heartbeat!!

Pretty sure comparing we got the heartbeat ?!? I could hear mine obviously then around my belly 'nothing' then right down at the bottom of my belly a mellow heartbeat ... nothing like it was when I stuck it on my chest!

Is this the babies heartbeat???

It should sound faster than yours, around 130-160 beats per minute. Jonny used to say Frankis sounded like a horse galloping. Mind you this is very early on to hear it. The doctor would attempt to try and listen to my bump until 12 weeks. Once you can find it though you will become an addict, I listened every evening in the early days until I felt movements and then at least once a weeK!

Hiya Char

Yes, baby's heartbeat will be much faster than yours - At this gestation usually between 140 and 160, and will lower a little as you get further into your pregnancy.
If your getting a slowish "whoosh whoosh" sound its likely to be the placenta your hearing. You also have a pulse of your own in your pelvis, in line with your hips.
I don't think you'll pick baby up this early, but when you do find him/her - You'll know.

i was just going to say the same as Rachie, i picked up the placenta alot at first, wont be to much longer tho :)

x

Ahhh maybe not then it went up to 91 I think I could only hear it in one spot though nothing up towards my belly button etc which is why I wondered :D

Not panicing I was just wondering. My heartbeat was mad :lol:

Wheres the placenta *blush* and is that always there *blush more* :rofl:

I think the placenta can move about a bit. On my scan notes it usually says where the placenta was during the scan...most of the time they've been sat on them :lol:

You'll always get the wooshing of the placenta and the chord... that's what they were checking at my scan yesterday.

I knew you'd be fiddling around with that doppler as soon as you got it. :dohh: I had WWIII going on in my tummy last night and funnily enough can't say I feel the need for a doppler! :rofl:

LOL just wanted to play - Will leave it alone now :lol: Nicely boxed back up :D

hi wobbs try it out again when your about 10 weeks but its usually around 12 weeks when midwives pick it up but if you dont hear anything dont worry just leave it to your midwife as me and one of the midwives were chatting back in january when my friend was having a homebirth and she said that for a propper one well one that they get dont what the difference is but theirs cost around £350 and she said that if your looking in the wrong place you might think theres something wrong best ask your midwife where is the best place to place it on you when trying to find it spunky xx

im going to get mine out in a couple of weeks, cant wait :)

x

What week will you start looking for it Layla?

My midwife told me with Coby that your womb doesnt start coming out over your pelvis untill the 10th week, so i will prob get mine out then and see if i can find anything

xx

I read some people heard HB on these dopplers at 8 weeks!

Bet they heard what I did :rofl:

i think it all depends on your build maybe? im not to sure, but if thats right then in mt case i prob wont hear one till 12+ lol

x

i will give it ago at about 10/11 weeks, i will let you know if i hear anything, i know on Coby i had to press quite hard right down in to my pelvis, hurt a bit but worth it when i heard his heart beat

xx

I got the one RachieH recommended ...
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270117510883

Think I picked mine up between 10/12 weeks.

At first I kept getting the pulse in my lower tummy, it does sound completely different to your heartbeat so it's easy to confuse and then I kept picking up the swooshing sound. It's a little tricky at first because LO has so much room they dart around so fast lol.

I've only used mine once or twice since about 20 weeks for reassurance when baby has a quiet day, but now LO moves around and my belly is all over the place so I'm happy.

It's amazing when you pick it up though :hugs: This is the one I've got https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hi-Bebe-BT20...0QQihZ011QQcategoryZ87169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

We're going to get the camcorder out this weekend and film my belly when LO is having an active spurt and film the heartbeat on the doppler so it's something to keep and compare to any future pregnancies.

Cx

Try it now wobbles, i just tried mine coz im in alot of pain this morning, figured it might be ligment pain coz everything is moving up, found the heartbeat right away, very clear! :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->