Doppler - heartbeat??

aww layla bet it was good to hear, i know that when i go to the mf i cant wait to hear bubs heartbeat

Hmmm I don't know ...

Can you hear your heartbeat that low down?

you will hear your pluse and teh placenter, i picked that up a few times, its about the same rate as your heartbeat so quite slow.

The babies will be much much faster than that

x

Nope didn't sound like my pulse ... It was a beating behind the swissing noise that does my head in lol

I dunno I'll try again later or couple of days maybe :(

Char

I could only hear babys H/B very faint at your gestation - I could hear my Heartbeat over the top. The digital display would only pick up my HB around 70/80 BPM. Babies will will between 120 and 160 (Usually around 140 at your gestation).
If you are going to try, start from just above your pubic bone and move from side to side before moving higher. A full bladder will help too, as will lots of gel.

Don't dwell on it too much if you can't find it - It may be too early. Plus once you do find it, you'll get quicker each time as you'll know where to try.

My OH is saying it was probably my pulse ... I don't recall it like that at all & it was around the middle above my pubic bone pointing in rather than up. The monitor seemed to change from below 100 & over then it goes to them silly line - - -! I hear the horrid swissing & that but the noise I heard was like HB but faint. Surely I wouldn't hear my HB so low down? I know the pulping & swissing noise ... hmmm.

Was the doppler showing your rate even though you could hear baby then at first?

Maybe I will try later x

Char

Although I could hear the babys H/B (I could hear a fainter, faster pulse under mine) because I could hear my H/B at the same time in the area I located, all the display would pick up was my H/B over it, as the babies was too faint in comparison to how strong mine was. It will often pick up only a strong reading, whilst you can hear other noises in the background.

You can hear your H/B in many areas of your body because your blood is pumped all through it. We have a pulse by our hips, which makes things confusing at first.

....So you may be able to hear baby, but the display won't pick it up until it becomes a stronger reading. Just listen carefully to sounds in the background. Babys HB will sound like quiet "Galloping Horses" or a train - Where as yours will be much slower.

I couldn't find it yesterday - I tried twice for ages I was going a lil mad lol But got it on the 3rd time thank god!!

At the moment its low down when do i start looking higher?

Char

You'll find it gets sort of hip level and above as you move into the Second Trimester.

Just don't wanna be looking down there when I should be up :rofl:

I check in the morning & at night is that bad? :blush:

Is it ok that the display changes on different days like sometimes its between 160-170 other days between 150-160?

YEP! - it will depend what baby is doing. It will be quicker whn baby is awake and active and slower when he/she sleeps.

It seemed to be moving left to right this morning lol ... maybe its just the way I'm holding it :lol:

Layla do you use your doppler every day?

every other day i have been useing it,

freaked myself out tho the past few days, i havent been able to pick up the heartbeat atall, no matter where or when i try, nor have i been able to pick up the placenter noise, its just been really quiet. was starting to get a bit worried when i realised that teh batterey light was on lol

So i changed the batterey and found them both right away :D

Did it yesterday so i will try again tomorrow

x

I seem to be finding mine almost straight away now .... Only the last couple of days mind.

My doppler goes nutty when the battery is going down grrr

the battereys dont last very long do they?!

x

I was thinking the same ... is it the square type ones u have to use as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->