doppler help

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
hi last week I thought i found my babies heart beat on my right side the heart rate was 153 ...today I found it again on my right side but I decided to have a play and I found the heart rate at 153 on my left side also what is it I'm hearing on both sides? I know it's not my pulse cos I found that too at 80 bpm
and it's not twins cos I've had 4 scan a lol
14wk 4 days

It could be the placenta? I used to find baby quite low down with my last pregnancy around 14 weeks x

Placenta actually is a good guess. From what I understand the doppler can pick up the blood flowing through the cord which sounds a lot like a heartbeat. So you could be picking up baby's heart on one side and the cord on the other

The placenta has a distinctive swooshing sound. If you heard that, chances are that's what it was. Usually the placenta runs a bit slower than baby, like in the 120-130s. On the other hand, it is possible if the baby was lying traverse that you could be picking up both his/her head and rear. Since the baby has blood flowing through their entire body, you would be likely to pick up the heartbeat that way.

thanks for the answers girls x see my midwife after Xmas so hopefully she can tell me what is what lol

I hear the same thing. From what I gather it is the way baby is laying, I am getting both sides I guess? I am not worried at all.

Yeah I can pick up baby’s heart rate from different points. You’re just coming at it from a different angle. Definitely just one! But I can find it at different points on my belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->