Doppler overuse!

sunnyday123

TTC #2 :-)
Reaction score
i I have a vcomin Doppler it says in manual only use once a week. I've been using it daily for finding HB then turning it off straight away. A lot of forums say its safe but now I've read that in manual I'm upset are they being causious? Or do I have to get PPartner to hide it for a week? Thanks! Xx

I'm not sure about that Doppler, but I have a Sonoline B and I use it everyday. I haven't heard anything bad about using any doppler once a day or every other day to find the heartbeat.

I have an AngelSounds and use it everyday as well. I do very quick sessions to say good morning and goodnight:D

I personally don't think it's necessary to do it everyday, and for the risk of possibly harming my baby, I wouldn't do it any more than weekly. It's ultrasonic waves being sent every time you do it.. Although it may not HARM, it's not something that should be done TOO much. Same with anything else. I don't know.. maybe it's just me, but I don't want to risk ANYTHING when it comes to the baby.

I did it every single day with my first - and she appears to be normal and healthy :) My OB GYN is ok with this too!

I think you should use it as freely as you want. If you have any concerns, you can always consult a professional <3

I totally understand wanting to use it a lot. Earlier in my pregnancy, I had bleeding/clotting. This is how MY peace of mind is met. :)

Thanks guys xx I've been using it up to twicena day as I over think things and think the worst! Don't know how I'd keep sane if had to wait a week! I had an angelsounds with my son and used that same as a pp to say morning and goodnight :) that broke but it didn't say use once a week and just wondered why this one does. Its 2mhz :\

I have a sonoline b and used it every day with dd, and had like 25 ultrasounds due to bleeding. Never heard it was a problem!

I asked someone who has done masters in ultrasound and radiology they said even normal ultrasounds are okay so doppler should be fine. I used it morning and night very quick sessions but it puts my mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->