Doppler question

Spiffynoodles

4 kids 4 and under
Reaction score
How can you tell the difference between your baby's heartbeat and the echo of the heartbeat through the umbilical cord? Because I hear heartbeats on both sides of my uterus (and no it's not my own heartbeat). I know one of them has to be the echo and one is the baby, but how do you tell the difference? Because they sound the same to me. :wacko:

You should be able to tell by how fast the beat is.

I can pick up my own HB at both sides too why i got doppler with lcd so i dont get confused both sides are 90bpm and under. Baby HB is much much faster than my own. Been times ive picked up placenta then beats go from 80 to 160 and can hear faintest fast beating but mainly lower one so guess baby was passing placenta at that time.

I know it's not my heartbeat, because I take a deep breath and hear my own heartbeat slow way down, but this beat stays fast. So I know I'm hearing baby. But I highly doubt I have twins, so one of the fast heartbeats I hear must be an echo so I was wondering how to tell, which is which. They both sound like galloping horses.

I just feel like every time I use my Doppler I have to go listen to both of the "baby-sounding" heartbeats since I don't know which is my actual baby.

The ultrasound waves penetrate a little way down, so you can pick it up from either side, bit like an ultrasound x

... But it could just be twins..... He he he

Thanks, Dan-O. I wondered if I was just hearing it from different angles, except that I can't hear anything between the two beats. :shrug: Well, when I get my ultrasound, I can just ask my OB where the baby is, and then I won't have to wonder anymore. :flower:

Im going to post a vid I made when pg with dd that shows you the sound of your arteries, the placenta, and lo. Let me try to find it.

Ok my phone is not letting me copy the link to youtube but I posted the vid in this thread a while back: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ppler-babys-location-moving.html#post32340357

Thanks! The funny thing is, I actually already found that video and watched it on YouTube a few days ago! :haha:

Well, I think I have an answer to my question! I was using my Doppler today, and on the left side I found that galloping horse, heartbeat sound, and then on the right I couldn't quite identify it, but mostly because I was hearing so much movement on the right side! It was like baby was doing karate in there. Which means that must be where the baby is, and the heartbeat I was hearing on the left side must be the echo.

This also leads me to believe that the little thuds I felt in that area this morning was actually baby moving! :cloud9:

Yay to the little karate chops! Can't wait to hear those again!

Doesn't mean it's not twins tho....... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->