Doppler Question

shirlls

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this has been asked a million times over but I have a question about a heartbeat on doppler. I am not so worried about it at the present moment as I had a successful scan yesterday, however just for the future to keep me calm between scans.

My last pregnancy sadly ended in a mmc, we didn't find out until I started bleeding at 11 weeks that baby had stopped growing at 7/8 weeks. I had been using the doppler since 8 weeks and thought I was hearing a heartbeat but obviously I wasn't. It was a rhythmic swooshing sound which I still don't know what that was.

I have been very cautious about using the doppler this time (I am just under 10 weeks) and I am hearing a different type of rhythmic sound down at my pubic bone which I am sure is different to the sound I thought was heartbeat the last time.

I know later on you heart a 'galloping horses' type sound which is the heartbeat but I was just wondering if anyone could describe the sound of a heartbeat at 10 weeks?

Its the same galloping horses type sound :) that swooshing you were hearing before was the placenta and amniotic fluid.

If you have a look on youtube there are lots of videos of the hb sounds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->