Doppler with a tilted uterus

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
So as some of you may know I scared myself by using a Doppler at 9 weeks and didn't find a hb. After a missed miscarriage in feb, it was not the kind of stress I needed.

A private scan confirmed my little bean was happy with a hb and wriggling away. But it also confirmed I have a tilted uterus. In her words it's 'tilted right back'. She had to do a vaginal scan as the abdominal barely shown anything! :dohh:

I was wondering when you ladies with a tilted uterus heard the hb with a Doppler.

I'm avoiding using it currently so I don't scare myself again, but I know the tilted uterus is why I couldn't find it.

Just curious as to when you could hear it :thumbup:

ive never used a doppler
but i dont think midwifes bother with the doppler till about 14 weeks

My uterus has been doing a bit of flip flopping about. Up until 10+6 it was in the normal position tilted forwards. I was able to find the heart beat from 8+4. At 11 weeks it decided to tilt backwards. The scan they did that day had to be done vaginally, even though they had managed abdominally 2 weeks before. And finding the baby with the doppler got VERY hard indeed. Hard to track down and ultra faint when I do find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->