Doppler

Pearlie

Reaction score
Anyone tried their Doppler yet? I didn't have one first time round but I'm struggling to find the heartbeat! Starting to freak me out! I can find what I think is the placenta blood flow according to YouTube but can't seem to find the heartbeat! 😕😕

I first found my baby at 9+3 but then baby went into hiding again. I now find baby quite easily once I got past ten weeks....good luck xx

I'm 23 weeks almost and even my midwife can only now find my baby regularly with a doppler. Nothing before 16 weeks. If your not medically trained it's really best not to worry yourself over results with a doppler, especially as your only 9 weeks. I'm
Sure your little one is just fine :)

Like Maryanne said, my midwife couldn't find by baby's heartbeat until I was 17 weeks, so I wouldn't worry too much. I bought a doppler when I was about 20 weeks and I still sometimes struggle to find it even now and I'm 30 weeks next week x

My midwife tried at my booking appointment at 9+6 (only because I asked her to), and she couldn't find it.
I wasn't worried as I knew it was probably just too early.
I bought a Doppler myself when I was 10+4 and found it quite easily that day, and have found it every day since.
9 weeks is pretty early, I really wouldn't stress out about it :)

I couldn't find this baby or my first until 10 weeks. That seems to be the magic date for me. At 10 weeks, though, baby stills takes quite a long time to be found!

I started trying to find baby at 8 weeks with my doppler, i made my fiance take it awy from me and hide it last night because i cant find baby and im scaring myself, so he has his it now until im closer to 12 weeks

It was hit or miss with me until about 10 weeks - now I can hear it daily but some days it still takes me quite awhile to find him or her.

I've heard my baby every day since 8+3 but with my son I didn't find his hb until I was exactly 14 weeks. I tried every single day with him but I had an anterior placenta so I think that's why I was so late picking it up :thumbup:

some days not I can find it straight away then others I can't find it all and i am 11 weeks now, it can still be really tricky and OH gets mad with me for worrying when I can't find it

I tried to find my babys heart beat yesterday and all i heard was swooshing and u think i heard my own heart beat or placenta lol i aint worries because its still way too early but its fun trying to find it :)

There are posters all over my doctors surgery and hospital advising against using a Doppler in pregnancy, they aren't very accurate and can cause you unnecessary stress, plus there hasn't been enough research or evidence by the FDA to suggest that they are completely safe during pregnancy. I would maybe wait until the midwife does it for you, it will be more special than hearing it all the time. :) Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->