Doppler?

gracie97

Reaction score
I'm 14 weeks now and bought a Doppler a few weeks ago to check on baby as I'm a bit panicky after a previous missed miscarriage where I carried the baby for 3 weeks after it had died without knowing. I used it every day for the first few days, about 20-30 seconds at a time, and now maybe every 3-4 days, but I'm reading online about how this is peak brain development and am worried that maybe I've caused brain damage or autism? Anyone with normal healthy babies that they Dopplered in utero?? Thanks!

Hey

I used a doppler whilst pregnant with my first and he turned out fine!!! Continue using it if it gives you peace of mind x

Yep I used one with my son and I'm using it with this one as well. I did read and was told only to use it twice a week but I'm afraid I've been using it a little more than that :blush: but as soon as I hear the thump thump thump I stop, about 10 sec max so I figured this would be ok as it's the same as listening for 2 minutes at a time (recommended one to two minutes in manual). I read you cause damage when using it for half an hour at a time as heat builds up but short bursts is fine. Also it would come with a big warning on them if it was really dangerous, can you imagine the law suits if they didn't :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->